Honored Contributor

I just got the pre-sale email.  Would love to know if anyone with short hair has had good luck using the 3/4".  I have the 1" and it's really best only the week before I head for a haircut. 

Thoughts about the smaller one?   thanks.

Respected Contributor

I also have short hair with a 1" Calister Perfector.  I know what you mean about it working best right before a haircut. I also got the early order e-mail and am considering the 3/4". 

Respected Contributor

Re: Calista's Perfector

[ Edited ]

I have short hair and own the 1" and 3/4" barrels   I purchased the 1" when my hair was shoulder length and it was perfect.  I had my hair cut short a couple of months ago.  I ordered the 3/4" barrel  and it really works best for my much shorter cut and style.  (lots of baby fine hair with natural wave)  My hair is four inches long in the crown.  Cut shorter on top, sides and neckline.  The smaller barrel gives me the perfect lift, body, curl and wave.   If I don't want as much curl or wave, I don't hold it around the barrel as long.  I still get body and shine.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Calista's Perfector

[ Edited ]

I have the 3/4" and my hair is in a short bob.  Purchased it at Costco in Northern Calif. for $47.  Disappointed.   It really doesn't work much better than the $25 hot brush that I previously had.  Glad I diidn't pay more than that.

Honored Contributor

@hendersonSo if i could find a cheaper small hot brush, I would buy, but given that I know the 1" Perfector works when my hair is longer, it sounds as if the 3/4" will also work for my hair if I can't spot the other some place.

I actually have the extra dollars in a way because I just gave up my Costco membership which I was using enough to save even the price of the membership fee.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWomanThank you.  That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Esteemed Contributor

My granddaughter wants a curling iron...her hair is a couple of inches past her shoulder...i'm afraid she'll burn herself with a true curling iron......her hair is fine and straight.....would this give her the same kind of curl as a curling iron would....Thanks....

Frequent Contributor

I have really short hair and the 3/4" barrel is perfect for my hair. I am very happy with it!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My granddaughter wants a curling iron...her hair is a couple of inches past her shoulder...i'm afraid she'll burn herself with a true curling iron......her hair is fine and straight.....would this give her the same kind of curl as a curling iron would....Thanks....

I'm not sure what kind of hair your granddaughter has.  I have very fine, poker straight hair.  This tool does not work for me at all.  It doesn't even give a little bend to my hair.  It worked okay on my second day hair that already had some curl to it.  I tried it to tame down second day "fuzzy" ends and it worked okay.  But it wouldn't do anything for my straight, just washed and dried hair.

If you notice, they never use this product on anyone with super straight hair.  Their hair is already styled and Maria runs it through the already styled hair.     

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  I have both the 1 inch and the 3/4 inch. I use them both. My hair has grown out from short to shoulder length now.  I use the 1 inch more now that my hair is longer.  I think your having short hair, you woukd like the smaller barrel.