Occasional Contributor

I orderered the 1inch, but I think I received the 1 1/2 " also, even though the box says 1".

Regular Contributor

I ordered the 1 1/2" brush and already returned it. It was way to big to try to style my hair with. I researched heated Ion brushes and found many options for less money. I'm not saying they are equal or better than this one but, I see I don't have to pay near $100 for one.

Super Contributor
Here's a weird thing...I have the original TSV and the details clearly state it's got a barrel that's 1 1/2". Tonight during the first presentation she stated the original was an inch and they made a larger one for longer hair that's a 1 1/2" barrel. I was hoping the 1" was made for SHORT hair, but instead they created the second one for LONG hair. I'll be passing on this then. :-(
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor
On 4/25/2014 MrsT said: Here's a weird thing...I have the original TSV and the details clearly state it's got a barrel that's 1 1/2". Tonight during the first presentation she stated the original was an inch and they made a larger one for longer hair that's a 1 1/2" barrel. I was hoping the 1" was made for SHORT hair, but instead they created the second one for LONG hair. I'll be passing on this then. :-(

Exactly. I am so confused. And I am sooo disappointed. I really need a smaller barrel. I had emailed them and they told be they were coming out with a smaller barrel and now they are saying the new one is the bigger one.

On tryperfecter.com it states:

Q. What is the size of the PERFECTER Barrel?

A. The diameter of the Barrel from end to end of the bristles is approx 2". The circumference of the Barrel around the bristles is approx 6".

~Live with Intention~
Frequent Contributor

I received the protector also the box says 1"" but inside the box was the big one. I own the original one and they both are the same size. I just reordered a 1"" hoping it was a mistake in the packaging

Frequent Contributor

I ordered it early and I got the smaller one my hair is shoulder length, I found it did nothing for my hair I sent it back, even though its the smaller one I need one even smaller. Just my own opinion

Occasional Contributor
I recieved the large one yesterday. The box says 1.5 and it measures 7 1/2 around the bristles.
Frequent Contributor

I went and measured the 1"" and it measures 6"" around the bristles. I measured the original one and it also measures 6"" around ---So this tells me that the box read right. so this tells me they made the new profector for long hair Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor
I purchased one of these last fall when it was a TSV. I was so excited to try it because they demonstrated it on fine short hair. I made my hair too soft and it would not hold the body. I sent it back. Ladies, if your hair is short this will only work if you have some coarseness to your hair. If you have soft fine hair, you will be frustrated.
Respected Contributor
I forgot to add that I bought a Revlon Styling Brush for about $17 and it did a better job for me than this styling tool.