Respected Contributor

I have a short bob with a bump in the back just like Mari Lyn of philosophy. 

Which of the two smaller sizes would work for me. 

Many thanks for your replies. 

Respected Contributor

I'm no expert, although I do have (and love) short hair.  I was thinking of buying the 1/2 inch size, but I heard the vendor say that if your hair is 2 inches long or more you should use the 3/4 inch barrel. I already have that.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor
Thank you very much. The sides and back are
Short. The top longer. I think they call it reverse layering.
Honored Contributor

I have short hair, about 1 1/2 - 2" long and found the Calista tool to be useless.  There are much more effective tools available for a lot less money.  I especially like the curling tool with bristles like the Calista that has a fan with warm air.  I can slightly dampen my hair and it stays curled when set with a mist of water.  Also it came with barrels in 2 sizes.  It was about $15., on Amazon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Calista TSV size

[ Edited ]

Like the other poster said, there are more effective tools out there.  I got a John Frieda Hot Air Brush (brush with a blow dryer inside) and my short hair never looked this good with a brush and blow dryer.  Check it out.  They come in different sizes, too.  I have hair less than two inches and I got the 1 1/2 inch.  I love my hair to have body and staying power.

Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for your replies. I think I may 

reconsider. 

Esteemed Contributor
I agree, a blow dryer with a styling brush attachment works best for me.

I dampen my hair from a spray bottle and brush it dry into style with the dryer. Its the combination of dampening the hair and applying LOW heat with moderate tention while drying that produces results that lasts.

The Calista styler uses only heat and tension to alter hair. I need to use a much (more damaging) higher heat temperature setting with the Calista, and the results revert back much quicker compared to moisture with LOW heat setting on a dryer.

No thanks. I'll stick with a styling dryer.
Valued Contributor

Re: Calista TSV size

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld  If you look at the reviews for the TSV, there are over 100 one star reviews.  That would deter me because you usually can't get 100 women to agree on much of anything.  They must have had a STRONG feeling about this product.

Valued Contributor

I ordered the 1 inch size and then changed my mind and cancelled. All of the one-star reviews bothered me, as well as the fact that you only get a 60-day warranty. A few years ago, HSN had one very similar to the Perfecter, but the price was much lower and it had a two-year warranty. Wish I had gotten that one. I feel there should at least be a one-year warranty for this. The only reason I can think of to have such a short one is because they know there is a problem with a lot of the units and aren't bothering to fix whatever it might be. I would love to have this, but not until they offer a better warranty.

Respected Contributor

I read all of your replies and did not order 

the tsv. Thank you all very much!