Honored Contributor

Re: Calista TSV - October 20, 2023

AGAIN?????????  Does this stylist/ hair dresser/calista woman invent these things or does she somehow attach her name to them? How does she always end up here every other week with ANOTHER styler brush/curler gizmo? 

I've brokem down once or twice to try her dryer bruch curlers and they did nothing for me. Rreturned never to entertain ever again. Would I enjoy her doing my hair? NO!

Honored Contributor

I purchased this a couple years ago. I really like mine. It took a few tries to figure out how best to use it on my shoulder length thick hair. Now, I can quickly & easily use it to style my hair and give it a more natural look. I used a flat iron for years, but I felt like even with heat protectant spray, that was damaging my hair too much. 

Super Contributor

All of these new tools, nothing works better for me than the regular old curling iron.  It's all a gimmick.

Esteemed Contributor

IMHO buy at your own risk!  I have returned a couple of her tools and will never buy anything from this lady again.  I also would never let her near my hair either.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed that the TSV was not the Calista "Perfecter". I recently had my hair cut, from long to short. I need a Perfecter in a smaller size. The Perfecter is wonderful to use, especially if you have arthritis in your hands. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried a couple of her styling tools. I sent them all back. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those "soft waves" that Maria McCool creates on her own hair with her numerous tools, looks more like she was caught in the rain and her hair dried stringy.  Her own hair is a poor example of a good hairstylist's talent.  Do not understand all the host praise of Maria McCool.

Honored Contributor

Today will be a "no watch" day for me where QVC is concerned.  I don't want to watch or buy any Calista products.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Who is she married to at QVC to be on air all the time?  Just kidding, but seriously it really is Calista overload.  How many styling tools does one need?  I have one and when that dies I will buy a new one, period.  I guess they sell or she wouldn't be on what seems every week styling the same models hair over and over..  She sells on Jill Bauers shop too!  Guess it pays to know the right people.

Respected Contributor

If I see that she's on a program, I change channels.  One host brags about her doing HER hair and, in my opinion, she has the most unflattering hairdo of anyone on the Q.  It seems to me like a change in stylist might be a good thing for her.