Respected Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

When they offer an improved version they should offer 'trade-ins'.  I don't need to spend another $80.

@highmaintenancejanYou took the words right out of my head!!  Agree completely.  I use the original one every now and then, not often at all.  I guess I should have returned it, but after seeing today's with the improvement, if I didn't already have the other one shoved in the drawer, I would have ordered it.  Even if they offered me half price I'd take it.  Waaaaah!

Respected Contributor

Too bad they included the hairspray which I never use.  That could have lowered the price to maybe $59 ot $69 which is more reasonable I think...

Regular Contributor

Please specify so I can compare.  Thx!

Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I bought the tool that HSN had and sent it back because it would not grab my hair. I am going to try this 1, it looks like it will work for me. 

Are you talking about the Martino one on hsn?  I'm sending mine back after seeing this one.  Being that it has three rows instead of one, I'm hoping to get better hold of the hair also.

Honored Contributor

I'm not good with my hair, I passed on this but I do have the Perfecter Pro Swap Top. I have used it maybe 4 times. I took it out again today and used it, I feel like such a failure, I understand how to use it, but it's not working for me. Is there a learning curve to this, I feel it's not worth my time?

Valued Contributor

I just got my hair cut to shoulder length. i have the old perfector, but i like the triangle shape of this one. i will give it a whirl. i also have her wand hairdryer that is the bomb, with all the attachments. best thing i ever bought from the q.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Calista TSV 8/13

[ Edited ]

lmtepp Yes, I sent the Martino styler back because it would not grip my hair. I have straight fine hair and need some lift. I hope this 1 does the trick. We will see, I am going to try using it today. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@conlt Let me know if you like it or not Smiley Happy  Fingers crossed.  Mine has shipped.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Review:   Mine arrived and I tested it yesterday. It was an Uber-humid day.   My natural hair type is coarse, wiry, unruly, wavy-curly, frizzes immediately in humidity (wayyy too much volume and lift)- . I used the Triangle to straighten, and smooth. It was easy, quick and worked great! The heated plates really seal the cuticle down, without smushing the hair to bits or burning it.  I used the spray after and it seemed good, no strong smell, not sticky or crispy-  Drumroll... my style held pretty well in >100% humidity AND I got caught in rain too-  

For this type of hair, this tool (and spray) works well. JMHO. 

Super Contributor

got mine and loved it, it straightened my hair and added shine and it was pretty easy to use, but I haven't tried to add waves yet, that might be tougher.  I don't use hairspray so I gave that away to a friend