Esteemed Contributor

I love hair tools and buy most of them, looking for the latest and greatest.  I bought her earlier version of this and didn't like it because it doesn't grab my hair.  It is shaped like a pointy triangle.  This one has teeth on either side of the triangle, it was presented one other time and sold out quickly, before I purchased.  I will be purchasing this one. Overall, I like Calista's products, though some had been duds, or have not had longevity.

Regular Contributor

i LOVE Mr Rebatez.  Q started at 3%, then 4% & now 5%.  Cant beat it!

Respected Contributor

I'm still using the original InStyler that I bought when QVC first had it.  I can't even tell you how long ago that was!  Maybe 15 years or more!  I've tried other hot rollers and various contraptions in the meantime but always come back to my InStyler.  When it dies, I will get a new version, but I think I've gotten my money's worth from this one, LOL!

Honored Contributor

And HSN is 6%.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the older version of this and returned it. It didn't work. My hair looked like I had put my finger in an electrical socket. My hair is just below my ears. I would not waste my money.

Valued Contributor

When they offer an improved version they should offer 'trade-ins'.  I don't need to spend another $80.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I bought the original one and really like it.  I bought this "new and improved" one to try.  I like that you can grab a lot of hair at one time.  The free shipping works for me......costs less to return LOL.  

They had something similar to this as a TS on HSN about a month ago.  It was $99, I think.  

I have tried her hot rollers and her perfector and returned both of them.  This one, I liked.  

I bought it at midnight and there was a 5% rebate on Mr. Rebates.

I am trying it also....I hated her last perfector TSV and sent it right back. I am hoping this one grabs my hair and doesn't cause more frizzing like that perfector thing did.  It was like trying to comb my hair with a spoon.  Free shipping helped if it's a dud it will go back.

Honored Contributor

I've bought every one that's she's presented here on the Q.

I've only used one once.  I've also bought them for my daughter's and my granddaughters.

Every time I put the TV on I see this being presented.  But...now follow this...I've never seen her working on hair that is thin.

I don't mean the strands are thin.  I mean not a lot of hair on the woman's head...that's what I mean.

I have long hair.  I twist it up and put on a wig.   I wear a wig because my hair is thin mainly in the front.

I think I don't like compliments about how young I look because I know they wouldn't say that if they saw how thin my hair is under the wig.

The compliments are totally based on the fact that I dress nice, I wear makeup (cover up stuff) and I don't have any wrinkles at all...(so what).

I've put it off but I need to go to get a perm (for the body) and get it colored.

I wish she would do that on TV with a woman who has thin hair (again, not thin strands, but thin hair) in the front.

Let's see her use that thing on someone with hair like that.  If she did that maybe I'd buy yet another one of those things....and maybe use it that time.

Honored Contributor

I bought the TSV, I have the Perfector and would not want to be without it. The idea of body without curl appeals to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I'm still using the original InStyler that I bought when QVC first had it.  I can't even tell you how long ago that was!  Maybe 15 years or more!  I've tried other hot rollers and various contraptions in the meantime but always come back to my InStyler.  When it dies, I will get a new version, but I think I've gotten my money's worth from this one, LOL!

Same here, I love my Instyler ....so much better than a flat iron; I am considering this item, just don’t know if it would get my hair flat enough.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it