Respected Contributor

Re: California Innovations TSV question

Did anyone find out if the duffel bag in the set can go thur TSA screening?  The vendor showed it on luggage and said it can be used as a carry on...in fact I thought she said she used it on a trip recently!  Wonder how we can get this question answered.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

Im sure the bags can go thru TSA screening.  I travel home and I always "shop" at my fav butcher shop, pork roll, cheeses & other things I can't get in FL. I bought a "hot/cold" bag to carryhome on plane.  I tell the TSA agent I have food products in it -- yes, they have me remove (I have it neatly packed in grocery bag & put in bag so I just lift out).  

On my 6 hour flight to Vegas I used this cooler bag for sandwiches & meds that needed to stay cold.  

This cooler bag is from CA Innovations with silver foil lining bought in WM.  So far, I've never had a problem going thru TSA.  Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I received mine yesterday. They are really really nice. I got the striped set. I will keep the large main one and the small
pouch and give the other two as gifts. They are very useful
Items
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  thanks for answering this question! 

I did get my stripe set and it's nice BUT it's not black stripe....it's actually a dark brown stripe.  The trim....zipper....straps are black but not in the body of the bags.  I even got my other black/white bag by same company Q had on awhile back (was in a set of 5 bags before Christmas) and sure enough it's not black!  THen I checked reviews and others noticed this too...not sure if I will keep or send back for the other set in black with flowers if available.  

This set overall seems nice....and glad to know I can go thur TSA with the duffel no issues makes it even more useful to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsfavorite. I disagree. It is black but the tan stripe and off white makes it look dark brown but it is black. I love mine. I used the large one the other day at Trader Joe’s and I had another stop to make and I felt good about it keeping my perishables cold