Trusted Contributor

California Innovations TSV question

Anyone think the insulation aluminum looking lining would get through the security scanners for carry-ons? I can't tell what it is really made of and whether X-ray could see through it?

They had this as a TSV last year, or two years ago. How do they hold up if anyone got them?

Respected Contributor

Re: California Innovations TSV question

I can't tell you about going through security scanners, but I can say how well the grocery sack bags are made.  I am still using the 1st set from christmas before last.  They are used weekly, and only one snap is broken.  The newer ones from just a few months ago are even better - they are bigger.  No rips or tears on the inside or outside of the bags.  Hope this helps you a bit.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I don't know about the scanners, they're saying it's good for air travel but they never mention if it can go through TSA. Maybe TSA site has some info about that.

I need some bags like this so I'm interested in opinions about the quality. Not crazy about the $5.50 shipping. Maybe Amazon has something similar. I do love the idea of the pouch for walking and having some food or water in it, if it's big enough.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I think the wristlet pouch would be great for makeup in the summer too. Amazon has lots of these insulated totes (including Rachel Ray) but so far I can't find a wristlet pouch.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I don’t know about this particular set, but the quality of California Innovations products, in general, is very good to excellent. One of my first QVC purchases (over 20 years ago) was a California Innovations rolling cooler. We’ve taken that cooler everywhere and it still looks and works as well as it did when it was new. I’ve got some of their other insulated bags and they’re very good, too. Amazon carries some of their products. I think the large insulated bags that BJ’s sells are made by California Innovations, too.  

Frequent Contributor

I've had several of these for many years and they hold up great! Of all the ones I've had, I only had 1 where the foil started to separate. But that might be because I overloaded it. Otherwise, great product!
Valued Contributor

I will vouch for the quality.  Last summer was one of the hottest ever in Ohio.  I have another set of these and I went to a store about 25 miles away because they were having an awesome sale on meat. I put some ice packs in my tote and off I went.  My car does not have air. The meat was cold and the ice had not melted on bit even though it was close to 95 that day.

I am getting these now because Kroger has said they will do away with plastic bags for groceries. I am sure if they do this most other grocery stores will follow their lead.  I got the blue Ikat because just as I was getting ready to order the purple paisley sold out.

Respected Contributor

I will tell you that I bought a Lug lunch tote and it was overpriced, leaked all over the place and never stayed clean. California Innovations makes a quality product. I have had many, and have taken the same zippered tote to lunch every work day for a year now and it is in good shape. I would love to have that duffel but I can't justify it, I don't need another bag. 

Esteemed Contributor

@greeneyedkady. $5.50 to ship all that is really not a bad price.
Honored Contributor

I have these bags from an old TSV and mine are still good.  In CA we have to provide our own bag for ALL stores now.  Several years ago it was just grocery stores. Now it is pretty much all stores even Marshall's, Macy's, etc.   If we don't take our own bag, we have to buy a bag from the store.  Must be the law in other states too.   QVC should mention this in their presentations.  It isn't an option here.