Honored Contributor

I totally forgot about the Creede Silver Strike until I saw an email about it.  Yesterday I added to my favs that "Insider" post that someone gave a link to, that shows upcoming tsvs.  I saw those hoop earrings that will be the tsv for the Friday Creede day.

CHEAP & UGLY!  offered in 4 colors, three of which are dipped in and will later wear off as it always does.  I will not be buying these.

MANY items are from shows gone by, we've seen this stuff before.  Yeah, there are some new things - ALL of which I will not be spending money on.

Have you checked out the lineup yet?  Anything grab you?

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine ever having an earring clad in anything wear off.  I've never had earrings or necklaces wear off -not even from even really cheap garbage from flea markets and discount havens.  Bracelets might be a problem although I've been lucky with most of mine and even one of my favorite rings from QVC which has a few bands of 18k clad has now been worn often for well over a decade and it's still in excellent condition.

As for ugly -  that's totally opinion -  mine is different from OP's  

Honored Contributor

I don't care for those earrings at all and the fact that they aren't even $5.00 off the regular QVC price makes them not a good TSV either.  However, I don't think these earrings are just dipped into another color.  The rose, yellow, etc is bonded to the base of sterling.

I have vermeil pieces that have been in my collection for 10+ years and the color hasn't worn off.  I think with earrings you'd be safer with clad than say a bracelet because the earrings aren't going to rub on anything.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, @millieshops  Not sure what pieces you've purchased whereby the color did not wear off with many wearings but I sure have from qvc, from the old evine as well.  Pieces that looked so bad so quickly that they are long gone in the trash.

Good for you I suppose.

I've learned my lesson years ago.  I do not choose to buy pieces like these in colors.  I should not have to baby my jewelry.  I should not have to not enjoy wearing it all the time either in the hopes the colors won't wear off.  I don't care how it's applied, after use it wears off.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOODAs I said, I've had earrings and necklaces with no issues.  It's bracelets with the constant rubbing our wrists take that have been my problem and that has been true whether they came from here or anywhere else. Although once I found how how bad the diamond bracelet I coveted looked on my wrist, I bought a QVC vermeil DMQ instead.  "Saved" a few thousand dollars and much to my surprise and pleasure that vermeil has never worn; perhaps other coatings aren't as good, but some arre just fine.

Valued Contributor

I got the black choice, and love them. The color is a glossy gunmetal, not actually black. These are the most comfortable earrings I've worn. They are light as air and sit nicely on my ears because the omega back holds the earrings up.  I worry  about the durability of the cladding too, so I plan to keep them in the fancy shiny box they came in so they won't bang against anything.  

Earrings are well made, think I'll get the silver ones too just because these are so extremely comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CREEDE Silver

[ Edited ]

Back in the day I coordianted  my life around the 24 hours sterling silver shows- take off from work, hang out with friends, etc.  It's just not the same,  I  have more than enough jewelry besides. I tend to wear the same things  too!

Valued Contributor

Isn't that right!  I lived for those silver shows.  I no longer watch them, but when I saw these earrings in the Advance Order , I was pleased to find a gunmetal earring...didn't have anything comfortable in that color.

Occasional Contributor

I just think it's disappointing to have a plain pair of silver hoops that you can find anywhere as the buy of the day for an all day silver event with a mere $5.00 savings. I was hoping QVC would be more creative and interesting than that.

New Contributor

Have to agree. This has been another DUD Creede Silver event.

Maybe qvc needs to get new jewelry buyers. 

I've checked in a few times, and it's all so "been there, done that."

Not like the old days when I would actually have to pace myself to

cover the 24 hours of delights. I buy most of my jewelry on ETSY

now. So many creative designers, and not your run of the mill

pieces, plus it's good to support small jewelry shops, and artists.