Esteemed Contributor

Re: CLARKS RECENT TSV GOING BACK

So sounds like the bottom line is that the sizing and quality is inconsistent. Maybe they're not all made in the same factory thus the differences.

Valued Contributor

wow! i am sorry to hear that so many people received defective shoes.
i haven't bought any clarks shoes from qvc.
i use to buy them in a store and then just stopped, for no reason, as i like the brand.

i wonder if the clark shoes in the store are as defective as the ones that are sold here?

has anyone purchased clark shoes in a store and had these defects?
while any place could have a few defective of any item, it seems to be a growing trend here.

often, when i use to watch qvc on a regular basis, i would get nervous when i heard someone say, that such and such product or style is ONLY sold here. being who i am, i NEVER took that as a good thing, that the item was only sold on qvc. i took it just the opposite, that it could be a lower quality.

i do know that there was a time, when some brands make 2 tiers of some of their products, (as in they look the same, but one tier of products have inferior parts or whatever). one tier would be sold in higher end stores like nordstrom and bloomingdales, and the other tier (the lower one) would be sold in stores like target or macy's.

if you looked in the sales paper the color, etc etc would be the exact same. then if you looked at the fine print on the product or in the paper, you would see that the model number was different.

i also know that when a brand had a production run of a product that really didn't meet their standard, they would only offer it to stores like target or macy's. no, i'm not picking on those stores. i use to know buyers and they told me, which stores purchased the products that didn't meet the brands standard. some would call this sloppy seconds.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped ordering Clark’s about  a year ago .... they are not the same & anything I ordered had to be returned .. Forgive me if I am not remembering correctly but, I sort of remember reading something about Clark’s shoes no longer being made in Boston(?) & production is now in China ... this could be the reason the shoes don’t fit the same .. I will never order Clark’s again.😢😪

Respected Contributor

My leopard TSVs arrived today. They felt great but the right shoe slipped off my heel when I walked. I liked them enough that I just put a heel pad in that shoe. It's fine now. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the tropical blue and they arrived today.  They seem to fit fine; I'll wear them around to make sure I don't slip out the heel like so many say.  But I love Clarks and can order them with no problems and particularly like the Unstructured.  This will be the first Cloudsteppers.  Sorry you all had so many issues...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ I agree that the version of Clark's shoes sold on QVC is different than what you can purchase in the stores.

Over the years, it has been hit or miss with Clark's. Some of the shoes I've bought from the website w/o trying them on in a store haven't been comfortable which I find annoying considering they stress how comfortable they are. One big advantage of the website though is the free shippiing since IMO shoes are a tough thing to buy w/o trying them on.

I bought a pair of Cloudsteppers from QVC (not this style) and was very disappointed in them so I returned them and haven't ordered any more. They don't "wow" me.

I've gotten so I give a lot of thought before I buy any brand of shoes from Q - I hate having to pay $$ to return them.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 

Sadly, it sure is a new day!

Shopping at B&M has turned into a chore/nightmare as well.  There is NO such thing as assitance anymore.  One register for an entire floor if you are lucky....

Things made cheaply and fast.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's funny, cute.  The idea that a human at QVC is going to find your particular pair of returned shoes and feel them to see why returned them.  Returns are automated but since you have the "bump" which certainly isn't supposed to be there, you should return them as a defect so you don't get charged the shipping for the return.

It's funny you say that @chrystaltree 

A while back I returned a defective item CLEARLY marked and labelled as such.  Of course the returns dept. deducted the label AND my orig. S/H.

When I called C/S, she said "The returns dept. did NOT agree it was a defect.  We will have to pull your return and determine if that was true or not".  Snort!

Find my exact item returned?  Who was she trying to fool?!!

I did receive the balance of my credit by contacting via another method.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll never buy anything from Q that is clothing OR shoes again & the exchange program is ridiculous .... and costs the customer BIG $$$$ to try on😡😡

(my stupidity ordering my true size based on vendor recommendations)

And funny the reviews posted by QVC customers share my same issues yet the reviews from the Clark website are all 5 stars.  Obviously they bought from a actual Clark store & not 2nds from Q.

This is my return credit...Unbelievable and sad!  Yet, CS told me since they were too wide and I walked out of next size I would not be charged fees....NOT!!!

74577E01-A50B-4453-A187-2CB83851D405.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Clarks clogs are the only shoes of theirs that I can say were ever really comfortable. I have not bought that brand in years and have donated all their shoes that were still in my closet. There are so many other brands that are cute and much more comfortable.