Esteemed Contributor

Re: CHOC COVERED PRETZELS TSV ? I'M OUT !

I love chocolate....but I do not like pretzels..nor do I like pop corn...no matter how much chocolate they put on them...

So whenever the Q. marches out either of those food groups...I'm out....

Trusted Contributor

I ordered them for my chocolate-loving friend since they sure looked very fresh when they presented them.  Its actually a good price since I ordered him chocolates last year and 1 dozen cost me $60 so its a good buy compared to last years gift. 

Honored Contributor

Was tempted then did the really how lazy am I to spend $2.21/each and not sure how freshly made they are!!! 

I make fresh chocolate pretzels every year as holiday gifts so I guess I'll enjoy making them again!

I'm doing cookie trays and these for an upcoming bridal shower. Baking is my personal "therapy"!!!

those who buy them I'd be interested in hearing how they are.

Valued Contributor

I love chocolate covered pretzels and love all things chocolate, BUT these look like an overload of sweetness to me and like you would barely even taste the sweet/salty thing. The cost to me isn't that bad for a specialty item, but these almost look sickening. JMO. I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought these last Christmas, and they are great!  The fact that they can be frozen is a big plus, because one at a time can be taken out, and they last one year, though they never last here that long with DH and DD being chocolate lovers.  I ordered another box for this Christmas.  

Super Contributor

K, well I may be selfish, but I ordered these for me!! Chocolate covered pretzels are my all time favorite dessert ever!! The fact that they can be frozen works for me too!! I'll probably share a few, but for the most part, these will be all mine!!!!!! Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

After saying no way I am tempted because they do look yummy. And I am thinking I could make them - but it might cost me just as much with the price of chocolate these days. Maybe I will bite the bullet and try them. 

They would make a good thing for me to leave in the teacher lounge kind of thing........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

we have some popular candy stores at the beach. i bought 3 pretzels similar in size and look to the ones they were selling......individually wrapped......and they were $5 each! these look good and seem to be worth it. i am thinking of doing the christmas holiday delivery.

@mousiegirl thanks for the good review!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Bought two of the Landies pretzels last year.  They were amazing.  I used them as gifts for the vet and staff.  Kept a couple for myself.  Bought five boxes this year on auto-delivery.  These will be perfect as teacher gifts, mail carrier and of course for the vet's office again.  I'm sure I'll be giving out a few in gift packages as well.

Landies is a wonderful chocolate.  The pretzels are very fresh.  To me, they're much better than I can find locally and the bonus is you won't be able to find them any where close to the price.

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT
Trusted Contributor

I'm out too.  Bought them last year (set of 18) to put in gift bags for friends/family.  FIVE of them arrived all broken up.  Should have gotten a refund.