Esteemed Contributor

She's certainly entitled to her views & everyone is entitled to shop her line or not. I don't give my money to people who's view's don't align with mine. I also don't judge people who do.

Honored Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
I ordered the tall because I am not a fan of crop or capri jeans. This way they are a full length jean on me.

Please tell me how that works out for you.

I have so many crop pants, I don't need anymore. But I am 5'1" and many times I find even buying petite pants, that they touch the ground. I only wear flat shoes and I am tired of the bottom of my pants getting dirty.

Super Contributor

I appreciate you @Biftu taking the time to respond to my question and giving an example.

This begs the further question which has been mentioned on these forums many times: what is the difference between what Candace (or any other vendor) is doing verses what the hosts are doing when they share much, much more personal information (and quite obvious--not so subtle-about-it) going on in their lives? Furthermore, QVC sells items of faith (i.e. jewelry is huge). It's a business for them. The platform is here as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Posh Poodle wrote:

I appreciate you @Biftu taking the time to respond to my question and giving an example.

This begs the further question which has been mentioned on these forums many times: what is the difference between what Candace (or any other vendor) is doing verses what the hosts are doing when they share much, much more personal information (and quite obvious--not so subtle-about-it) going on in their lives? Furthermore, QVC sells items of faith (i.e. jewelry is huge). It's a business for them. The platform is here as well.

@Posh Poodle  Hosts sharing personal information (though annoying) is not preaching and jewelry doesn't preach.  That's the difference.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu ...... I think you've got a lot of things wrong and are very judgemental, which is what you say you do not like.

Please, no reply necessary. Cat Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

@Biftu ...... I think you've got a lot of things wrong and are very judgemental, which is what you say you do not like.

Please, no reply necessary. Cat Indifferent

@kindred cats  Your assessment of who I am accusing me of being judgmental is unfounded and unappreciated. The end of your sentence makes no sense, but so be it.  You may "think" I got "a lot" of things wrong shows you must have not understood my response.  Please refrain from name calling in the future.

Super Contributor

@kindred catsthere is a difference between seeing and perceiving, like there is a difference between hearing and understanding. If you know what I mean. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@foodie105 wrote:
I appreciate Candace and what she stands for and her values. I also like that she keeps business as business and has given very professional presentations with no personal persuasion.....so no need for people to say they don't want to "support her" because it's not even about that. And we all know what you really mean.

You must not have watched her presentations.  I only watched for a few minutes and she certainly subtly shared her personal persuasions.

I don't even care if she wants to proselytize while she's hawking cropped pants and stripped sweaters.  What I care about is her remarks that marginalize other people.  Say whatever you want that wounds my friends, but I won't intentionally spend my money on your goods if that's how you choose to behave.  

I don't care who disagrees with me, I'm not changing my mind.  

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@foodie105 wrote:
I appreciate Candace and what she stands for and her values. I also like that she keeps business as business and has given very professional presentations with no personal persuasion.....so no need for people to say they don't want to "support her" because it's not even about that. And we all know what you really mean.

You must not have watched her presentations.  I only watched for a few minutes and she certainly subtly shared her personal persuasions.

I don't even care if she wants to proselytize while she's hawking cropped pants and stripped sweaters.  What I care about is her remarks that marginalize other people.  Say whatever you want that wounds my friends, but I won't intentionally spend my money on your goods if that's how you choose to behave.  

I don't care who disagrees with me, I'm not changing my mind.  

I would think about where/who she's donating her money to every time I line her pockets. That's enough to keep me from giving her one cent.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor
@drizellla I received my jeans yesterday and of course immediately had to try them on and the length was perfect for me. I am 5’3” and actually thought they would have been a little longer but hit right at my bottom ankle. I did notice a little more room in the fly area due to it being a tall but it wasn’t bad. I do love the new dark blue color also. Her jeans are amazing to me.