Respected Contributor

Buying power-do junior high school students have a lot of it?

This line of clothing with the big splashes of warm, fuzzy messages continues to remind me of clothing that junior high aged girls would wear.  Is this the target group of customers for QVC now?   Maybe I'm not well-informed, but I did not think that this age group has a lot of disposable income.  I guess if the girls get big allowances and do a lot of babysitting they will have enough to buy ths TSV.

Respected Contributor

Re: Buying power-do junior high school students have a lot of it?

I don't think junior high students are shopping from QVC, but their parents might be, and might buy it for them.

(I agree this seems like a weird choice for a TSV, considering the demographics for QVC customer is much older, but what do I know?  Someone must be buying this brand, either as a gift or for themelves.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I really can't see jr high students wearing clothing like PLW.  Affirmations like that just wouldn't fit!!  I have never seen anything close to the styles in this line on younger teens or even teens and younger women.

Honored Contributor

No, junior high students don't shop on QVC.  This is a popular brand and sells well.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

This line of clothing with the big splashes of warm, fuzzy messages continues to remind me of clothing that junior high aged girls would wear.  Is this the target group of customers for QVC now?   Maybe I'm not well-informed, but I did not think that this age group has a lot of disposable income.  I guess if the girls get big allowances and do a lot of babysitting they will have enough to buy ths TSV.

@maximillian

C'mon now.....can't you just say you don't like the style, without insulting all of the adult women (not "junior high aged girls")  who do like it and order it??? 

It's not for me, but it makes no difference to me what others like/buy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I doubt many jr high girls wear anything on the Q, including these shirts. Taught that age for many years...they prefer more "hip" slogans or messages on their tops. The tsv looks very nice...but not "cool" enough for that age group.

Regular Contributor

I have a granddaughter who is in the 8th grade.  She is very creative.  That being said, I have had a great deal of trouble finding clothes that she felt comfortable in because she prefers a bohemian look.  She has a handful of T-shirts with funny sayings.  However, her favorit line of clothing is now LOGO.  I purchased one top as a gift to go with some leggings.  Now, she watches the LOGO shows with me and has taken a great deal of interest in what she wears. She even changed her hair cut which is more flattering. 

When I pick her up from school, I notice the girls have definite styles.  The key is to find something tasteful that fits their style.  So many of the kids that I observe coming out of the school don't seem to care very much about what they wear or maybe no one has helped them find a "look".  My granddaughter has finally discovered what makes her feel good about how she dresses.  She is taking very good care of the clothes because she knows they are expensive even though everything she has was purchased at sale prices. 

QVC offers a lot of different choices.  I would never wear LOGO because I prefer a classic tailored look.  I have appreciated seeing how the LOGO outfits are styled and can be mixed and matched.  This is something that brick and mortar stores don't do.  There might be a display, but it usually has only one look.  I would not have selected that first LOGO top without seeing a presentation and taking a chance.  For me and my beautiful granddaughter, it really helped us to find something that she  loves and wears.  

By the way, my teenage granddaughters, and there are 5 of them, all received things from QVC for Christmas.  Most gifts were clothing or purses.  They were absolutely thrilled with their gifts.  Seeing their joy made my Christmas this year.  Teenagers are so dificult to buy for.

Honored Contributor

Huh????  Jr high girls, college girls for that matter are not shopping with Qvc and they aren't wearing the fit that Qvc makes for our demographic.  I don't really know what you are talking about but the logos and messages and inspirational sayings on clothing left the teen market many years ago.  Many years ago.  It's everywhere now, at all price points and for all age groups.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

It’s not babysitting.  The girls I used to teach in middle school are just given a large allowance or credit card.  Yes, I know that isn’t the norm for every middle school kid.