Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bring Back Birkenstocks!

I have two pairs of these shoes and wear them around the house. I think they are not a fashion statement to wear out and about. JMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

I have donated all mine.

Trusted Contributor

Yes bring them back.  They are popular again.

Brikenstocks are way more comfortable than any other other "orthodic" shoes which q is selling these days.  They mold to my feel so well.  I don't care if someone thinks I look old and clunky as long as I'm comfortable.

Frequent Contributor

Years ago there was a TSV of Birkenstock sandles that were so cute. It was the pebbled leather and had little rhinestone buckles to adjust the strap. These sandles have to be at least 10-12 years old.  I love them and still wear them to this day (a cobbler helps here and there to keep them on my feet).  I have never seen this style again and would love if I could find a pair like them again.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies for help with the plantar fasciitis. Which pair would you recommend? My current PF is in the heel not in the arch (though I have had that before). I usually wear crocs in the house for this reason but my doc said as much as he likes them he wants me to wear tennis shoes. Well, that won't happen, I live in AZ. No shoes pretty much year round. I don't wear flat flip flops either. Of course, I like the quick on and off so I was looking at these: The madrid on HSN. 

What are your thoughts? the traditional pair?

Trusted Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

I know many love them, but any time I see Birkies on any woman , they make feet look large, and flat, wide, and do nothing to add shape to the ankle or leg.  Just kinda chuncky looking.  Just my opinion but I hope they never come back.

I cannot see how they can be orthopedic for bad feet, but my mother in law was told the same thing for her nueropathy in her legs...wear birks.  I know I am the minority.

I agree they look chunky and not at all flattering but have a bad bout of plantar fasciatis and there is nothing more comfortable. I love my birki's.  I've worn one pair to the point of no return and still can't part with them.  My vote is to bring them back!

Honored Contributor

read something which I will distill

Birkenstock wants to have more control over how the shoes are retailed and pulled back on selling on TV, and other places

Respected Contributor

Yes, bring them back!  But I like the ones with the soft footbed. The hard footbed is not good for walking any distances, IMO. 

Regular Contributor

I love Birkenstocks and have worn them almost every day for the last 20 years or so. Yes, I started buying them from QVC, but I haven't stopped purchasing them since QVC stopped carrying them.

I usually order directly from the Birkenstocks website. They, of course, have a great selection and free shipping. 

I bought 3 pairs this Summer, one from HSN and two from https://www.birkenstock.com/us.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed. 

Super Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

I know many love them, but any time I see Birkies on any woman , they make feet look large, and flat, wide, and do nothing to add shape to the ankle or leg.  Just kinda chuncky looking.  Just my opinion but I hope they never come back.

I cannot see how they can be orthopedic for bad feet, but my mother in law was told the same thing for her nueropathy in her legs...wear birks.  I know I am the minority.

I think sometimes we jump to conclusions about what people wear. Often it's just a choice, but in many cases, it's medical, which is what my Birks are. When I was young, I wore high heels, the higher the better. I wore boots, flats, and tennis shoes; you name it---I was a shoe hound. But, I had a 50 lb. box of books dropped on my ankle. I have a large hemotoma that could not be removed. The nerves in my feet also suffer from neuropathy from diabetes. So, the only comfort I have with my feet was dictated by my endocrinologist and podiatrist---wear orthopedics or Birks.

I had never worn Birks  because they were not classy enough. When you're in pain, you do what you must. So my designer shoe collection was donated. I bought Birks and could wear them right out of the box. My feet  rejoiced. I bought Birks from the Q and other places that carried them. I have over 100 pair from sandles to clogs to Mary Janes. I wear them every day because otherwise I would not be able to walk.

I would love to be able to wear other styles of shoes, but I don't have that option. I read an article that Birks are going to be a coming trend. Maybe then the Q will start carrying them again. 

tea