Honored Contributor

Re: Bring Back Birkenstocks!

[ Edited ]

My sister, a 1st grade teacher, had tons of them in many different

colors, etc. She even knitted her own socks to wear w/ them.  

When she passed, I got a drawer full of her homemade socks...

and my love of ‘Stocks ‘n Socks’ began. 

I remember QVC had the felt clogs with dogs/cat/reindeer/moose

pics on top of the shoe. I waited too long..can’t find them 😿.

I love that shoe!

@Icegoddess

Funny about the socks! We were posting at the same time.

I go with different colors w/ my shoe...no hiding anything.

This is a look I sport many-a-day when it gets cool:

BE9A1106-F04B-4D81-994C-C8DA0FBE2A01.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Footprints dot com is where I got Birks. They have shipping. Are a Kansas-based company.

Trusted Contributor

Footprints dot com is where I got Birks. They have shipping. They are a Kansas-based company.

Frequent Contributor

I was disappointed when QVC discontinue Birkenstock’s. I’m glad I bought multiple pairs and I still wear them. If I was to give up looks for a pain free life, I rather have Birkenstock’s. I agree that Birkenstock’s are not cute shoes, but they help many people with foot and back problems. I hope QVC would bring them back.
Esteemed Contributor

HSN sells Birkenstocks.....and since QVC & HSN seem to be sharing vendors...i am sure they will be at the Q in the not too distant future...

Honored Contributor

I usually wore birkinstocks for work and did have some Earth Brand that were just as good.  They do have a slightly different feel but felt just as good.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

My sister, a 1st grade teacher, had tons of them in many different

colors, etc. She even knitted her own socks to wear w/ them.  

When she passed, I got a drawer full of her homemade socks...

and my love of ‘Stocks ‘n Socks’ began. 

I remember QVC had the felt clogs with dogs/cat/reindeer/moose

pics on top of the shoe. I waited too long..can’t find them 😿.

I love that shoe!

@Icegoddess

Funny about the socks! We were posting at the same time.

I go with different colors w/ my shoe...no hiding anything.

This is a look I sport many-a-day when it gets cool:

BE9A1106-F04B-4D81-994C-C8DA0FBE2A01.jpeg

@sidsmom  Lovely sentiment about your sister....how nice to receive her hand-knit socks, what a treasure. And yes, I too wear my Arizona's & Zurich Birks all the time with socks in fall/winter....would not be without them since they have been my go to for decades.  It is just that getting access to reasonably priced Arizona & Zurich is becoming more and more difficult, even finding the Zurich requires research. The source I used in Germany no longer mails to the US and their prices were highly discounted....recently ordered a rust-color suede Zurich from Germany through Amazon, I paid a premium  price for the shoe. Fortunately I still have a bunch to last me for a long time. I have even had cork replaced on my natural leather Zurich... mailed to ibirks.com for repair, very satisfied with results.

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

Footprints dot com is where I got Birks. They have shipping. Are a Kansas-based company.

@Solar Is My Name  thanks for the info!

Honored Contributor

I actually like how the Arizona looks with socks. If indeed the Q starts to carry Birkenstocks again, I hope they offer the soft footbed. I still have Birkenstock sandals and clogs I bought from the Q years ago, but I don't have the Arizona style any more. I like Earth brand, but the clogs look cheap to me and IMO do not compare to Birkenstock. I wish Spenco would do a TSV, I love their footbed.

Trusted Contributor

@teainlondon wrote:

At first glance of QVC's home page, I thought the TSV was for Birkenstocks. I was so excited! Then I saw the price and the name and knew that was a mistake. They look exactly like Birks, my favorite shoes, but are a brand I've never heard of and they look like bedroom shoes. I don't know how they can copy that iconic Birk style, but it certainly fools the eye at a glance.

Many people think Birks are ugly and clunky and out of date, so I read that's why Q stopped carrying them, but these are the same look and I guess they aren't ugly, clunky, and out of date. Makes no sense to me.

I only wear Birks since I have foot problems, and was told to wear Birks or an orthopedic. I decided to be an old Hippy and wear Birks year around---sandles in hot weather and clogs in winter. They are so comfortable for me.

If Q can sell the takeoffs like TSV, why can't they bring back Birks? 

I hope others feel the same way. Bring back Birks!

tea

I love Birks too and would love to see them come back.  You can get them on HSN and at Nordstrom. You might want to try the Earth Brand. They are very comfortable.Smiley Happy