Honored Contributor

Re: Bring Back Birkenstocks!

... and bring back Sally Combs!  well, she's already back ... but with another brand.   Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@teainlondon there is a selection of Birkenstock on HSN!

Trusted Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

I know many love them, but any time I see Birkies on any woman , they make feet look large, and flat, wide, and do nothing to add shape to the ankle or leg.  Just kinda chuncky looking.  Just my opinion but I hope they never come back.

I cannot see how they can be orthopedic for bad feet, but my mother in law was told the same thing for her nueropathy in her legs...wear birks.  I know I am the minority.

Why would you hope they never come back when so many people here have said how good they are for their feet and highly recommended by professionals? They bring comfort to many.

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

My podiatrist recommended Birks years ago and I love them.  So supportive and comfortable.  New styles are great!  See tons of high school girls wearing the sandals.  Wish they were back.  I can get them at HSN, but they aren't the leather ones.  Have a friend going to Germany and I'm sending $ with her to buy me a couple of pairs of the real deal Birks.

They are VERY popular here with the high school girls!

Super Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@teainlondon there is a selection of Birkenstock on HSN!

Thanks. I've looked at those. Don't see anything that is for me.

I like the cute and many options of styles that HSN doesn't have.

I have looked at Zappos that has a good inventory. Also, The Birkenstock site has a good variety.

Q just had interesting and clever varieties and many different options and colors that I haven't found anywhere else.

tea

Contributor

Agree! Nothing like a Birkenstock! Nothing else can compare! No other brand can even come close.

Regular Contributor

Are they good for plantar fasciitis? 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are amazing for plantar fasciitis!!!  I have been dealing with that for years.  I never never go  barefoot even in the house I am always wearing my birks!  I wear orthotics in my tennis shoes and around the house I wear my birkis instead of slippers.  They have helped with my plantar fasciitis so much!!  

I love Birkenstocks - I wear them with socks, without socks, even in the winter — best shoes ever! I have both the soft footbed ones and the original hard birkie floor ones.  

Trusted Contributor

@SleepyTime wrote:

Are they good for plantar fasciitis? 

Yes-for me anywaySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@teainlondon   YES YES YES...  I own about 8 pair of Berkie sandals and LOVE them.  They are the most comfortable thing that I wear.  I tried the Vionics sneaker and hate it.  For me,  the arch is in a peculiar place and actually irritates my foot.

BRING BACK BERKIES!!!!!