Super Contributor

At first glance of QVC's home page, I thought the TSV was for Birkenstocks. I was so excited! Then I saw the price and the name and knew that was a mistake. They look exactly like Birks, my favorite shoes, but are a brand I've never heard of and they look like bedroom shoes. I don't know how they can copy that iconic Birk style, but it certainly fools the eye at a glance.

Many people think Birks are ugly and clunky and out of date, so I read that's why Q stopped carrying them, but these are the same look and I guess they aren't ugly, clunky, and out of date. Makes no sense to me.

I only wear Birks since I have foot problems, and was told to wear Birks or an orthopedic. I decided to be an old Hippy and wear Birks year around---sandles in hot weather and clogs in winter. They are so comfortable for me.

If Q can sell the takeoffs like TSV, why can't they bring back Birks? 

I hope others feel the same way. Bring back Birks!

tea

Respected Contributor

Re: Bring Back Birkenstocks!

I love Birks - I miss them being on QVC.  They're so comfortable and I don't think they're ugly or clunky whatsoever.   Well maybe some of them actually are.   My fave is the  Gizeh - a thong - beautiful shoe.  

Trusted Contributor

I know many love them, but any time I see Birkies on any woman , they make feet look large, and flat, wide, and do nothing to add shape to the ankle or leg.  Just kinda chuncky looking.  Just my opinion but I hope they never come back.

I cannot see how they can be orthopedic for bad feet, but my mother in law was told the same thing for her nueropathy in her legs...wear birks.  I know I am the minority.

New Contributor

I still wear my Birkenstocks daily from my QVC purchases years ago.  Best shoes ever.

QVC- please bring them back.

Respected Contributor

My podiatrist recommended Birks years ago and I love them.  So supportive and comfortable.  New styles are great!  See tons of high school girls wearing the sandals.  Wish they were back.  I can get them at HSN, but they aren't the leather ones.  Have a friend going to Germany and I'm sending $ with her to buy me a couple of pairs of the real deal Birks.

Respected Contributor

I have news for everyone.  lol  Birks are back in style.  I see them everywhere!  My two nieces and all the stylists in my hair salon are wearing them.  I would love for the Q to carry them again, too...and maybe at a discount.  That would be great!  The one thing people need to know is that they now make a narrow fit (denoted by a solid foot icon on the foot bed) as well as the medium fit (a clear foot icon on the foot bed).  The ones on HSN are the narrow fit.  I was bummed, because I would have loved to have used my 20% discount coupon on them.  I've also seen a soft footbed...not sure what style(s) feature that, but I love the original.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a HUGE fan of Birkenstock and have begged many times for QVC to get them back, I wear them daily and even have the first pair I bought almost 16 years ago, they are so comfortable, no breaking in time for me, I can wear them right out of the box!

Respected Contributor

I never realized that Birkenstocks were out of style. I’ve worn them for 20 plus years and buy them from other online retailers since QVC stopped carrying them.

Honored Contributor

I have a narrow foot, so have always had to avoid Birkenstocks.  However, HSN had a style in narrow a few months ago.  Lovely style.  It took me awhile to get used to them, but I really like them now.

Honored Contributor

I used to wear the Birkenstock sandals with (horror of horrors) socks.  Sorry, but my feet get cold, and I actually think they look better that way.  I hate the way bare feet look in them.  The trick is to just wear socks that blend in with the shoe.  They finally wore out and when I went to replace them they had changed the footbed to something hard and with a toe grip.  That toe grip hurt my feet.  So, no Birkies for me.  

I recently found some Birkenstock-styled sandals made by Steve Madden (Madden Girl), and another made by White Mountain, so that is what I wear now.