Respected Contributor

Sorry, looks big with no shape... and QVC  and Dennis,  being 5'1"  are you crazy w an XXS chest of 38 inches??? Passing!

Respected Contributor

I just looked at the pic and thank goodness I'm still on my Q Diet, this jacket doesn't even tempt me.

I looked at the pic, then Dennis Basso, then the pic and thought, this can't be a Basso coat and it is!   He couldn't of designed that, I think somebody is just putting his name on it, this is not a Basso look, plain, boxy and just plain.

I thought of K Mart immediately.

Respected Contributor

Re: Boxy BASSO TSV

[ Edited ]

I'm looking for a jacket, but I was not tempted by the tsv, either. No style. I think I am ordering a classic but well-cut trench from another site. 

p.s. Forgot to say that the lining is cuter than the outside of the jacket. Basso went on and on about the striped lining. Why? No one will see it! I ended up buying a cute striped jacket from Talbots's.

Honored Contributor

I think it's cute but I already have 3 of his jackets I never wear. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think it's cute but I already have 3 of his jackets I never wear. 

I think it's cute also but who wears a jacket in the summer or even the spring, I sure don't.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It flares out at the bottom and is not a good look. If your hips are big, this will emphasize it. Although Jane said she could wear an XS because they fit her hips. Normally, she said she would have to go to the small. That should tell you that this jacket is oversized. Also, if you are petite, you will need to roll the sleeves. Another TSV not made for petites but according to Jane it fits great!!! Is anyone else getting tired of these spins in order to sell the merchandise!!!

Respected Contributor

I am in the mood for spring stuff not a jacket....It is middle March.

Honored Contributor

I saw the email picture and was surprised this was a DB.  It is more like a D&C.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I'm really on the market for a spring jacket to wear on rainy days, but this one doesn't tempt me at all. First of all, it's way too short. If I'm buying a spring jacket, I don't want one for days off and a different one for work, I'd rather have one mid-length jacket to wear for both work and for casual occasions. I also tend to wear a lot of tunic length tops and this would not be suitable over those. Plus, if I'm bothering to put on a spring jacket, I'm going to want something that covers and protects me from the elements, that is the whole point, after all.

I'm disappointed. I love Dennis Basso, but lately, all of the TSV jackets and coats have been this short length, actually for all of the brands, across the board.  Perhaps that is the current style, but it doesn't work for me. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziqzee wrote:

I'm really on the market for a spring jacket to wear on rainy days, but this one doesn't tempt me at all. First of all, it's way too short. If I'm buying a spring jacket, I don't want one for days off and a different one for work, I'd rather have one mid-length jacket to wear for both work and for casual occasions. I also tend to wear a lot of tunic length tops and this would not be suitable over those. Plus, if I'm bothering to put on a spring jacket, I'm going to want something that covers and protects me from the elements, that is the whole point, after all.

I'm disappointed. I love Dennis Basso, but lately, all of the TSV jackets and coats have been this short length, actually for all of the brands, across the board.  Perhaps that is the current style, but it doesn't work for me. 

I, too, am in the market for a spring jacket to wear on rainy days. We get a lot of rain where I live, so a rain jacket with a hood, and a removable one to boot, is one that I am looking for. I agree with the comment about the lining, who sees the lining..? There is a bit showing on the hood, though.

As for it being plain, that point is actually what I am going for, I do not want anything too dressy or fancy, I do want something more or less simple and basic.

This jacket almost had me hit the order button, but something about it is making me not pull the trigger and order. I just can't, not sure exactly why. I think the ribbon edging bothers me. The ribbon edging, while it looks cute initially, I think it just makes it look tacky and kind of cheap, imo.  Also, I do not like the lining, it looks shiny (which is also inside the hood, which shows). As for the length, I *think* it should be long enough, but hard to say for sure!! I guess the shipping both ways, if I need to return it, is the main drawback. I do like that it is pretty streamlined and basic, not a ton of froo-froo to add bulk and unnecessary stuff. 

I'm pretty picky about coats and jackets because I will get a lot of wear out of them. I wish there were  some reviews. Does this make a lot of noise when you move..? Are the pockets deep enough (to carry say a wallet, lip balm, and a cell phone)..? Is it too warm..? Does the fabric breathe..? I want answers and comments from people who actually bought the item, not the models or hosts that are there to sell. Until then I guess I will try and find one locally or a place with free shipping and free returns.