Contributor

I own two older (several years older) Bose wave radio/Cd players and love them.  I purchased both from QVC as TSV's.

I wanted another one and got it from HSN in March when it was their todays Special.  The CD player quit working (message was "cannot read Cd").  Would not work with ANY CD.  Since I had it 26 days - YES! boxed back up and returned.

Did a little online research and their are a LOT of negative comments about the new BOSE models.  Apparently they moved their manufacturing to Mexico (just read that in my online research).  Of course the description just says "imported".   Lots and lots of malfunctioning units from various online reviews of newer units.

I would highly recommend purchasing the three year warrantly offered with this.

Why oh why - I really want another BOSE - and am tempted to order this TSV.  But only will give in and buy this if I also buy the warrantly.

Just my personal history.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried every cd in another device first to see if it is the cd or the Bose?

Try a cleaning kit on your cd's. They use them at stores that buy and sell used cd's and movie dvd's.

My oldest Bose is going on 2 yrs and plays everything, including music cd's I've created on my laptop with no problems.

Esteemed Contributor

You're not alone with this problem.  My last purchase still okay; but previous one had same problem.  Cleaning it isn't the solution.

BOSE just has a problem with CD exchanger over time.

Can not read CD

Respected Contributor

I've ordered 2 boise.one from amazon,Amazon, the other directly from the company.ive never had any issues.the sound is incredible.i think they are very much worth price,especially at todays

Esteemed Contributor

I have wanted a Bose for many years, the last TSV that was offered I held off on ordering because the reviews were not what I would have expected. I have decided to purchase this one but I am definitely purchasing the extended warranty that is being offered. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have no problems, but what a shame that customers have to be concerned on a  product not working. Bose use to stand for quality and now I feel as if I am rolling the dice.

Contributor

Yes I tried multiple other cd's that worked fine in all other players.  I even tried the CD that came with the new Bose.

Tried all the "troubleshooting" tips (reset, cleaning kit, etc.) with no success.

Personally am not very "tech" oriented to try to fix something like this.  Other suggestions I found was to try to "replace the diode", "replace the laser" -  Sorry!  Even if I knew where to buy a diode or laser, I don't know how to replace one.

Also read on tech site that it was "probable failure of laser/optical unit" and that would need to be replaced and pricey.

Very thankful mine failed within the 30 day return window.

As I stated, Just my experience.  I have two older units that work great and I love them.

IF I decide to try again, I will most definitely purchase the three year warranty.  It does state if problems with the unit and it has to be serviced, shipping is included.

Respected Contributor

They are spending too much time on it !!  Poor David had to present it during In the Kitchen for 28 minutes. No one needs such a device in my opinion and it should not be shown during kitchen programming.

Respected Contributor

Mine bit the dust also, just after warranty expired. Repair guy said he doesn't work on Bose products. I think the brand is overrated. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

What I don't understand about Bose is why they don't have Bluetooth built into the unit yet.  It doesn't make sense that in today's world they require an adapter to be plugged in to use bluetooth especially considering CDs are a thing of the past.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

What I don't understand about Bose is why they don't have Bluetooth built into the unit yet.  It doesn't make sense that in today's world they require an adapter to be plugged in to use bluetooth especially considering CDs are a thing of the past.

I agree, not to have built in Bluetooth is outdated. I have several of their Square Bose speakers that have built in Bluetooth.  They are great.  Good sound.  They are portable.  Reasonable price.  I can play anything on my ipad or iphone to a speaker.  I also think they misrepresent the Bose Wave.  It is not stereo,  Never was,  It is good sound but it isn't stereo.  If you send the sound to your TV that probably has stereo speakers you don't get stereo, you get same sound coming out of both speakers.  But to hear Brad give the comparisons unsophisticated buyers are going to think they are getting stereo sound.  Nope.