Honored Contributor

Just sharing my thoughts:

For anyone thinking about it ...this is the best present I ever bought myself -- 14 years ago.  At that time I bought the additional 3 CD changer.  It was over $700 ..in fact, I talked to Rick (weird I remember this🤷‍♀️maybe because I was late night Christmas decorating).

If I had any issues with my current one I'd upgrade to TSV but it's still perfect!

I can't tell you the many hours of music enjoyment I've had from this wonderful Bose system!

There's nothing like the sound from a Bose system🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

For anyone thinking about it ...this is the best present I ever bought myself -- 14 years ago.  At that time I bought the additional 3 CD changer.  It was over $700 ..in fact, I talked to Rick (weird I remember this🤷‍♀️maybe because I was late night Christmas decorating).

If I had any issues with my current one I'd upgrade to TSV but it's still perfect!

I can't tell you the many hours of music enjoyment I've had from this wonderful Bose system!

@homedecor1  .... I have 3 of them which I bought over the years ... wonderful piece of equipment!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is about that old also. Still sound fantastic. Worth every penny. 

Frequent Contributor

Bluetooth should be built in to the unit. Very antiquated! 

Honored Contributor

@JJK1954 

Well obviously at the price they're selling it isn't!  I saw you posted this in another forum -- bluetooth would certainly ride up the price.

I haven't looked at the add on since it's not something I'd purchase.  

Same principal as many of us have Kitchen Aid mixers ...many did not come with "flex beater" or extra attachments but many are still happy to have one!

When I bought my Bose it was double today's price & I love everything about it including the 3 "CD changer" which is a thing of the past but I still listen to CDs.🤷‍♀️😉

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@homedecor1  .... I have 3 of them which I bought over the years ... wonderful piece of equipment!!!!!

That's what a number of reviews said, too--that the old systems were great. But this one isn't getting good reviews for the sound, and if that's not good, why buy it? Forget about bluetooth and wi-fi, if the radio is iffy and the sound quality is poor, you're not getting what Bose built its reputation on. I was tempted but after reading the reviews, it's a definite never. I'll buy an older system secondhand instead.

Esteemed Contributor

@JJK1954 wrote:

This unit is based on the original player. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the first Bose radio that came out and it still has beautiful sound.  Then I purchased the Bose radio and CD player from HSN several years ago.  Bose has excellent sound.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@JJK1954 wrote:

@JJK1954 

I thought the same thing.  For a company such as Bose I would have expected them to include the Bluetooth in the product by now and not require me to use an auxilary cord.  Everyone else in the market uses bluetooth - even our cars so I expect much more from Bose.