Honored Contributor

Bose Sound Link Blue Tooth Speaker - Upcoming TSV Presale

In keeping with the theme of the thread about QVC informing customers when a product is old/outdated merchandise, this is not the current version of the Bose SoundLink Color Series blue tooth speaker.  There is a Sound Link Color Series II out.

This model being sold by QVC is not available on the Bose website.  I do believe it can be purchased at other places like Amazon but if you are interested in this TSV, please do your homework. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bose Sound Link Blue Tooth Speaker - Upcoming TSV Presale

I think it is sad when they don't TELL people it is a closeout.  Do they do that?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

In keeping with the theme of the thread about QVC informing customers when a product is old/outdated merchandise, this is not the current version of the Bose SoundLink Color Series blue tooth speaker.  There is a Sound Link Color Series II out.

This model being sold by QVC is not available on the Bose website.  I do believe it can be purchased at other places like Amazon but if you are interested in this TSV, please do your homework. 

@Lipstickdiva, I was looking at this and considering purchasing it. I was doing a little research and noticed as you stated it isn't new, so I'm passing on it. I do wish QVC would be truthful with us, letting us know if something is the newest available or not. Some people don't care, they may like the price, as for me I always want to buy the latest and greatest when it comes to anything electronic.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't matter to me, one whit.  This is a nice little unit at a really great price.  I may buy a second one.🎼

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon had the SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker for $69 reg. $99 on Prime Day. DH bought it. He uses it at work as speaker for his TV or hooks up to his phone to listen to music.

He also uses it at home on his TV when he watches TV on the patio or while listening to music outside.

He hooks it up to his phone to listen to music when he takes a shower.

It's a nice little portable speaker. It's different then the SoundLink I & II. The sound is better then what comes out of the TV or phone. It's still available on the Bose site.

It has a strap on it to strap around handle bars on a bike if your ride bikes etc.

Respected Contributor

When I bought my Bose CD player from HSN a few yrs ago they did mention that they would not be selling that particular model after it sold out.  They pussyfooted around it, but it was clear that it was a model that was being discontinued.  That was fine with me - it meant that I was getting a good piece of equipment at a better price than whatever they were going to be selling in the future.  I did appreciate that they were relatively honest about it. 

Honored Contributor

It's a speaker. I wouldn't be too concerned about it being outdated. Speakers don't become outdated, but the way they look most certainly does. That price is great!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's a speaker. I wouldn't be too concerned about it being outdated. Speakers don't become outdated, but the way they look most certainly does. That price is great!

@SilleeMee that’s actually not true.  Even though the Bose SoundLink I is a very good speaker, and that price is great, the Soundlink II is different, and for some better.

The Soundlink II is water-resistant, so it can spend some time out in the rain and that will not harm it.  It has speakerphone capabilities, improved sound, and can be paired with eight other devices.

It all depends on what the purchaser wants, and what matters to them.

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying it, but it is a good price. It's something I'd never use. I have a system throughout my house, including sound out on my deck. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought one of those speakers a couple of years ago during a clearance at HSN.  I use it with my Dot.  It's a great little speaker with good sound quality and it's turquoise.  What more could one want?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment