Honored Contributor

Re: Bose Sound Link Blue Tooth Speaker - Upcoming TSV Presale

If speakers didn't become oudated, they wouldn't keep coming out with different models of them.

If it doesn't matter to you or it's not something you would use, that's fine.  I was just trying to point out that you may want to check out the differences between the TSV and the newer design because this one may not have the features one needs.  

For me, I like the water resistent feature of the new model because if I were to buy one, it would be for camping and boating so I would need that.

Yes the TSV is a good price but I'm sure we know why.  Just like the last FitBit was a good price. Woman Happy  

Frequent Contributor

Hubs and I have been looking for something like this, and it fits the budget. We don't need all of the bells-and-whistles. Just a little speaker to connect to our phones or tablet to listen to Pandora, iheart radio, etc. We'll use it when we're out chillin' on the deck or just whenever we're outside doing whatever. Yard maintenance.....ugh.  I see us using this quite a bit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I picked up this same speaker last year when it was closer to $90 and am still happy with it.

The two differences I can discern (having tested the newer model in the Apple Store) are that the newer model has a rubber outer for water resistance (this one is more of a smooth plastic and is not water resistant) and the Link II also has a built-in microphone so you can pick up phone calls on the speaker.

This TSV model will turn off the music when your call comes in, so you can simply pick up your phone call on iphone as usual.

The sound difference seemed neglibile. If you are looking for better sound might as well go with the much more expensive Revolve version. That one has much better sound. (Also tested it vs. the Color Link II at the Apple Store.)

This one works OK for me and I prefer the plastic look for indoor home use to the more sporty waterproof one.

Wish I had gotten it at this price though!

😁

Valued Contributor

It's a great speaker at a great price. I also got mine on sale for $90+ a couple of years ago and I love it. I use it to play audio books from my tablet while I'm working.

Regular Contributor

we bought this version for my son several years ago and it's fine for our purposes.  I use his when he's not here so I'm getting my own (in preparation for when he leaves for good!) ...anyway compared the differences between the 2 versions and I don't need the features of the new version so no need to pay extra for them.  I just listen to music and I don't need it to be waterproof.  The sound is fine.  Great price.  Although i do agree that QVC needs to be transparent about what they are selling to the customer.  I've almost come to expect the TSV to be an outdated item.

Respected Contributor

The Soundlink 2 on the Bose website is $130, nearly twice as much as the TSV.
Trusted Contributor

They keep reading the same reviews but there are no reviews for this product.

Honored Contributor

I got mine a couple years ago and hooked it up to my TV instead of a sound bar---works very well.