Contributor

Body Butter tubs for the holidays?

Thinking about using these for stockings, grab-bag gifts, etc., for Christmas.  If left unopened do you think they will stay moist and good until then?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Body Butter tubs for the holidays?

[ Edited ]

Yes. Heart

A year or two ago I got body butter in a six-set. Lasted a long time and as I opened each one, they were just as fresh as the first I opened many, many months prior.

Trusted Contributor

Yes. I think people buying  thse multi-jar packs can't be expectrd to use all these jars down to empty in barely 6 months. The shelf life for the product will be just fine for your gifting intentions. Buy 'em, store ''em in a cool dry place and wrap 'em for giveaway when the holdiays roll around. It's a nice gift idea.

Esteemed Contributor

I use JM body butter all the time. I ususally stock up when there is a "deal" of some kind. I thought I heard Josie state that it will last for 1 year unopened but not to stock up longer than that. That's the time frame I use and it's always fresh. make sure you store it in a damp free area. I do that with all of my beauty creams, etc. You should be fine. IMO. 

Contributor

Thanks for the replys everyone.  Will do!!

Esteemed Contributor

Gifts - think twice before shipping as a gift.  Postage  will kill you = cost more than the tubs saved.

Learned my lesson in December - 3 boxes to the south cost total $60

Valued Contributor

@fthunt it’s free shipping on it today.
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Gifts - think twice before shipping as a gift.  Postage  will kill you = cost more than the tubs saved.

Learned my lesson in December - 3 boxes to the south cost total $60

We learned that lesson last Christmas. My husband bought his sister a pound of Buttercream Candy from her favorite Candy Shop. It cost him almost $10 to ship the candy to her.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, thank you for idea for Christmas. That saved me from a huge stress level for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most skin care items can be stored in your fridge. This will help preserve the ingredients longer and also keep the products protected from light. Unless it's stated on the product label then placing skin care items in your fridge is a great way to store them for long periods of time, especially the kind which contain natural butters, oils or any other nature-made ingredient.