Trusted Contributor

Bob Warden has certainly enjoyed working with...

Jill and Mary Beth today in presenting the Ninja.  He has commented many times how nice it is to work with them.. Easy flow with both. So relaxed and very enjoyable for the watchers, as well. 

This TSV is tempting for convenience sake, but wonder how different it is from the other one ithey carry n this same price category.  I do have the big Vitamix.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bob Warden has certainly enjoyed working with...

Both Jill and Mary Beth did excellent jobs presenting the TSV.  They asked the questions I needed to know and were good at asking Bob (who forgets) what ingredients he was using.

Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate your observation - I also heard Bob make those comments to Jill and Mary Beth.  Let's face it - David does a great job but he is a bundle of nerves - very exacting - colors colors colors - and jumping around and I note that David's energy gets on Bob's nerves.  The gals laugh - chat and are relaxed.  Bob likes David's vacations!

Trusted Contributor

If you already have a Vitamix you have the very best. No need for a Ninja. That is for those who don't want to pay for a Vitamix. Does a Ninja have a 5 or 7 yr warranty like Vitamix does. Don't think so. 

Trusted Contributor

Didn't watch yest but I have enjoyed watching Jill in the Vitamix shows. She knows her smoothies & it shows.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

I appreciate your observation - I also heard Bob make those comments to Jill and Mary Beth.  Let's face it - David does a great job but he is a bundle of nerves - very exacting - colors colors colors - and jumping around and I note that David's energy gets on Bob's nerves.  The gals laugh - chat and are relaxed.  Bob likes David's vacations!

I totally agree with your post.  I can't watch the usual host anymore. Too much silly, too much PUSH, PUSH, PUSH.  Colors, how many just jumped on the phone line, how many have been ordered during MY show, everyone is choosing their colors, and all that "dancing"??   The girls did a wonderful, relaxed job of presenting the Ninja and each had such a genuine reaction to the recipes, etc.  Bob did seem more relaxed, and less stressed out. I had a wonderful Sunday being able to watch and enjoy kitchen presentations. I ordered a Nimja, even though I have a Vitamix.  DH has trouble with the Vitmix and I think the Ninja  - with its clearly defined "buttons" - will be easier for him. 

Props to Jill for a most enjoyable day in the kitchen. I thoroughly enjoyed her show.  I also enjoyed Stacy in an early AM show with kitchen items. She could do that job well in prime time.  If we could have the opportunity to enjoy those gals more often it would be a really fine thing!!

I do want to mention, however, that Dan's "spins" in the last presentation was just a bit too much for me.  He's a good host. He doesn't need some dumb spin thing to do his job. It was pretty clear that Bob was uncomfortable with the spins.  Childishness isn't ever appealing in an adult. And Bob does a very professional job with his presentations. No "silly" in him.  

Trusted Contributor

Bob is good with most of the hosts.  There are times I feel David is a bit passive aggressive when speaking to Bob.  For me, it seems he's a bit threatened by Bob.  I enjoy seeing Bob.  He makes it a point to get information to the customer.  All David cares about is telling you how many of each color is left.  It's almost rude the way he stops vendors to give this information.  Is it me, or does anyone else notice when vendors are speaking, David makes sort of "snorting" noises in the background?  He does it so often, I think it's a habit now.  I don't think there's any physical reason he does it.  He needs to remember his mic is on.

Honored Contributor

Both the vendor and the host have their responsibilities -- all of which revolve around selling as many of the item being presented as possible.

I always get a kick out of the armchair analyses of the hosts -- they're passive-aggressive, they're jealous of the vendor, etc., etc. -- all of which I think comes from the mind of the observer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland