Frequent Contributor

Blue Bike Saga Comes to an End

Well the Q did me a favor.  Long story short, I already posted about receiving the blue bike instead of the black one and my disappointment when CS suggested I stay home a day from work to get it picked up and see if the UPS person could help me cram it back into the box. 

I reached back out to CS about my disappointment and was offered a $20 credit on a future purchase.  I'm stunned.  But it did bring me to my senses.  I have been a customer for many years and I've spent way too much of my money with the Q.  I'm no longer recommneding them to anyone and will not be purchasing again.

I will find a way at my own expense to get help to get the bike to a location for a return. I really never thought I'd be one of those people...but here I am.  I work hard for my money and I'm only going to spend it with companies that treat me like they want me for a customer.

It was a great lesson learned albeit an expensive and painful one.  I appreciate everyone who offered great suggestions.  I hope others continue to experience the great customer service I had grown to love at the Q that for some reason or another is now elusive to me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Bike Saga Comes to an End

Ideally, what would you have liked for them to do for you?  I still don't understand how you could not have noticed the color as soon as you opened the box.  That would have been the first thing I looked for.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I would have liked an apology and aknowledgement that they made an error that was going to cause me additional expense and effort.

Honored Contributor

No offense intended, but when you opened the box and saw that it was the wrong color, why did you remove it from the box?

I think the $20 credit to your account was their acknowledgement and apology.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

They should pay for shipping to you and the return since it was their error.  Sorry this happened.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, QVC has taught me an important step when ordering.  I watch the presentation, listen to all the wonderful reasons I should buy.  My next step is to get on line and see if there are any reviews.  Sometimes that will add a welcome dose of reality.  Then I think, "what if"?  What if I am not happy and need a refund?  If the item is too big and would be expensive or difficult in any way to return, I just forget it.  It's just not worth it.  Been there, done that.

Honored Contributor

They always waive the original shipping and the return label fee when they sent the wrong item or if the item is defective.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mactective wrote:

I would have liked an apology and aknowledgement that they made an error that was going to cause me additional expense and effort.

@Mactective.  That seems simple enough.  I think it's obvious they made a mistake and, as someone else noted, their offer of $20 was their form of an apology.  The original + return postage + $20 are expenses which will cost them dearly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's really just a color of exercise equipment.  Wouldn't it be easier to just keep the blue one?  I don't know what you wanted.  Sounds like you expected someone to come package it back up for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Perfect example of some zanny things Customer Service has to handle...........on a daily basis.

A color is important if you're buying a car.......but an exercise bike?

Really....................