Trusted Contributor

Bliss Lounge Chairs Locking Position Problems?

If you have a Bliss lounge chair: after you lock it into your favorite position does it UNlock when you don't want it too?

We had a knock-off chair like this that did.

Thanks for any info!

-Solar1

Respected Contributor

Re: Bliss Lounge Chairs Locking Position Problems?

According to the presentation I saw this morning, it shouldn't malfunction that way.  It looked like a very study chair.  I've thought about getting this chair for a long time and finally decided to.  I'm not interested in a knock off.  That usually doesn't work out for me.

Honored Contributor

I've had mine for several years.  Looks and works as the day I purchased it -- never a problem with the locking mechanism.

Valued Contributor

@Solar Is My Name - we have 2 of these from a TSV about 3 or 4 years ago.  On ours, there is a knob on the other side of the lever.  Sometimes it gets a little loose and the chair will creep (as in slightly change position).  So we just make sure to check that knob periodically and problem (minor) solved.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have had mine for several years and no problem with the locking.  My only problem is worrying about it staying locked, which it always has.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

THANKS, EVERYONE!

Honored Contributor

@MomCatwrote:

According to the presentation I saw this morning, it shouldn't malfunction that way.  It looked like a very study chair.  I've thought about getting this chair for a long time and finally decided to.  I'm not interested in a knock off.  That usually doesn't work out for me.

@MomCat. The Bliss chair itself is a knock off.  The original zero gravity chair was the la Fuma chair made in France.  I had one and paid a ridiculous price for it in the mid-90s.  The cover on it was a thin pad, and they just seem to have been made in dark green.  The locks on them can work loose slightly if there's a lot of movement in the chair.  They just loosen but don't come crashing down to the point where they would be dangerous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

We had two Bliss chairs that I ordered several years ago and I got rid of them because of the locking position.  It would not stay locked!  Very irritating when you get everything arranged and settled in and the chair slowly moves into the upright position.  They were not a TSV and expensive.  Took them to Good Will last year!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to order this chair but I've had 2 knock-off versions and both of them were bad.

The locks never stayed and the chair fell.  But bigger than that, after one season, all the bungee cords that held the chair to the frame broke and the chairs were garbage. 

I asked last year about the Bliss chairs and several reported that happened with the Bliss as well so I decided to pass.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

I wanted to order this chair but I've had 2 knock-off versions and both of them were bad.

The locks never stayed and the chair fell.  But bigger than that, after one season, all the bungee cords that held the chair to the frame broke and the chairs were garbage. 

I asked last year about the Bliss chairs and several reported that happened with the Bliss as well so I decided to pass.   

@Lipstickdiva. I've found the bungee cords usually last 4-5 years if the chair is kept out of the sun and rain.  They are likely to fail early if the user exceeds the recommended weight limit.  I replaced the bungee cords twice on my La Fuma chair, having found replacement cords on the Internet.  Very easy to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment