Contributor
Why are the Bliss Lights not made in a white/clear option?
Esteemed Contributor
I would like them in white, but I don't think the technology is there yet for white.
Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:
I would like them in white, but I don't think the technology is there yet for white.

That is the answer I was given about two years ago when I contacted the Q and asked for white.

Contributor

ITA...I would order if they were available in clear.   I would love to add the twinkle to my trees but not blue green or red.  How could clear not be   a possibility?  I see mostly clear lights on decorations during Christmas.   Come on Bliss give us what we can use!

Trusted Contributor

This is a laser and at this time, it is not possible to shine the color white in a laser. Someone else posted the reason why on another thread. so your choices will remain blue, green, and red.

They are not incandescent lights that come in a variety of colors/

Contributor
You would think that if these questions were being asked 2 years ago the technology would have happened already. I would purchase numerous lights if they were available in clear. I think it would be their top selling color.
Respected Contributor

@TXgal79 wrote:
Why are the Bliss Lights not made in a white/clear option?

I've said this several times before and gotten some wierd answers, but here goes again.  Last year we wanted the look of snowflakes on our home. I found an ad on the Internet or somewhere from Home Depot, stating that they had white lights at a greatly reduced price from the Bliss ones. (They didn't mention Bliss)  We ordered five sets because our house is very wide from side to side.  They are a bit different from Bliss lights, but they work perfectly well for what we wanted.  We paid only $19.95 per set. I don't know if they still have them. They were only available on the Internet - not available in stores. I tried to find the invoice, but it is missing. However on the boxes they haves the SKU#657531 and are called  White Projection Kaleidoscope (sp?)  The writing is blurred. Phone number given is 800-231-6879.  Sugest you check these out if you don't want to wait for Bliss to come up with white.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bliss Lights in White?

[ Edited ]

Perkup, thanks for the info.  From your information I was able to track them to the distributor, who listed stores which offered them.  I think I like them better than the Bliss lights.  I've seen the Bliss lights on a family member's home and I wasn't impressed.  I think it was because they only had one and had it placed too far from the house, so the effect was very muttled.  Nothing like as shown on QVC screen.

The lights you referenced are LED projection. Bliss are laser light, which may not be available in a clean/white coloration for technology reasons as others have mentioned.  

Respected Contributor

There are no white laser lights as lasers produce one wavelength of light. So it will have a color, the same as rainbows or prisms have the light colors separated out (by wavelength.) No white. They can't work out the technology because by definition, lasers have ONE wavelength.