Frequent Contributor

Blink - XT2 todays special - so annoying

I had read somewhere that the Blink XT2 system has recently been hacked.  I posted a question on the item page regarding this.  All other questions - quite a few, have been answered by Blink but not this one.  Where is the credibility in products offered on QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blink - XT2 todays special - so annoying

Could be due a legal issue.  Surprised they have not taken the question down.

Honored Contributor

Every time I use my credit card, a financial website, put a rare check in the mail, I wonder if this is the time the bad guys will have gotten in.

What devices we buy are not without hacking possibilities?   Yes, there are some that seem safer than others.  Am I the only one who thinks that's only true until some hacker-thief gets through the one I deemed safe?

Trusted Contributor

A firmware update was issued in December to correct the issues for the Blink cameras.  There are quite a few articles, with lots of details, online.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

If anyone hacked into mine they would get trucks driving by, a parade of kitties going to and from the front to the back door, or an occasional person that can't read the no soliciting sign on the front door. Pretty boring stuff. 

Respected Contributor

They can all be hacked.  It is up to the consumer to protect their network.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/The-REAL-problem-with-those-easy-to-hack-devices-like-Alexa-Nest/m... 

@Chrystaltree can provide details on the correct setup.  My knowledge is limited to hire someone-sorry!

Honored Contributor

Didn't go look but is this Blink the one a poster reported here that the girl gave their password to a friend?   There's no protection from outside the parent-child relationship  for that kind of naivete. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

If anyone hacked into mine they would get trucks driving by, a parade of kitties going to and from the front to the back door, or an occasional person that can't read the no soliciting sign on the front door. Pretty boring stuff. 

@Meowingkitty 

From what I understand, if something is hooked up to your internet, they can get access to more than just the device they hacked.  They can see into you computer, phone, Alexis, etc. and keep track of any accounts you may access.

They don't care what the camera is seeing.  They just use these various devices to get to "the good stuff".

Respected Contributor