Honored Contributor

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

@tends2dogs wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

@tends2dogs, I haven’t had any problems. I put 3 outside and one inside to monitor the pups but they trigger it a lot. Khloe even stares right at it. The blue light grabs her attention so we’re moving it outside as well 

@qvcfreak  How far from your modem and how far from the module to you have your cameras?  Our home is quite spread out and maybe that is going to be problem. 

Yes, you can turn the blue light off as @chickenbutt stated.

blink website has a video on how to do this

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear, thanks for the info on how to turn off the blue light

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@jackthebear, thanks for the info on how to turn off the blue light

when I got the cameras, I couldn't figure out how to put in the battery!!!

their website has many helpful videos, battery was the hardest part setting up was easy

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear I only use batterires for my outside camera. For my inside cameras I use my cell phone charger and plug them in. This way I won't have to buy batteries.

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs I bet the CS rep is right. Sounds like your modem isn't strong enough. I use an Apple Airport. If your modem is old, might be time to replace your modem. I didn't realize that the average life span of a modem is 24-36 months until we had issues with our modem. It might also be the location of your modem and the building materials of your house. I think I mentioned that we have internet access all over our house, outside our house and in our yard. Our neighbors aren't so lucky. I am not sure if it is my modem or just the location of the modem. It makes sense that you might not get all of your alerts if the cameras are having an issue connecting or staying connected with your modem. I don't know anything about the new TracPhones so I can't help with them. I hope you are able to work out the bugs. If not, at least you were able to try them.