Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,274
Registered: ‎05-08-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision


@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @Qgirl26.  Do you think it will use up minutes.......data   ???   when checking your alerts or just plain ole monitoring?

 

TIA


@Tends2dogs, I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I rarely use data since I have Wi-Fi at home so I wouldn't know. I am sure it's a possibility if you are monitoring it a long time. I think if you are just checking here or there, as long as you don't leave on the data the whole time and only turn it on when you want to see what's happening, I'd think you would be ok. Sorry I can't be of more help. It's not something I gave any thought to when ordering mine because I almost never have to use my data.



@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @Qgirl26.  Do you think it will use up minutes.......data   ???   when checking your alerts or just plain ole monitoring?

 

TIA


@Tends2dogs, I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I rarely use data since I have Wi-Fi at home so I wouldn't know. I am sure it's a possibility if you are monitoring it a long time. I think if you are just checking here or there, as long as you don't leave on the data the whole time and only turn it on when you want to see what's happening, I'd think you would be ok. Sorry I can't be of more help. It's not something I gave any thought to when ordering mine because I almost never have to use my data.


Thanks for answering, @Qgirl26.  We seem to go through a ton of data.  Is that because we take pictures when we are out and about and send them to our computers at home?  Maybe we should wait until we get home to transfer.??

 

Like I mentioned in an above post - we are not tech saavy.

Super Contributor
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision


@Tends2dogs wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @Qgirl26.  Do you think it will use up minutes.......data   ???   when checking your alerts or just plain ole monitoring?

 

TIA


@Tends2dogs, I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I rarely use data since I have Wi-Fi at home so I wouldn't know. I am sure it's a possibility if you are monitoring it a long time. I think if you are just checking here or there, as long as you don't leave on the data the whole time and only turn it on when you want to see what's happening, I'd think you would be ok. Sorry I can't be of more help. It's not something I gave any thought to when ordering mine because I almost never have to use my data.



@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @Qgirl26.  Do you think it will use up minutes.......data   ???   when checking your alerts or just plain ole monitoring?

 

TIA


@Tends2dogs, I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I rarely use data since I have Wi-Fi at home so I wouldn't know. I am sure it's a possibility if you are monitoring it a long time. I think if you are just checking here or there, as long as you don't leave on the data the whole time and only turn it on when you want to see what's happening, I'd think you would be ok. Sorry I can't be of more help. It's not something I gave any thought to when ordering mine because I almost never have to use my data.


Thanks for answering, @Qgirl26.  We seem to go through a ton of data.  Is that because we take pictures when we are out and about and send them to our computers at home?  Maybe we should wait until we get home to transfer.??

 

Like I mentioned in an above post - we are not tech saavy.


@Tends2dogs, let me start by saying I'm not tech savvy either, so I understand. But I do believe you are better off to wait until you get home to transfer photos if you have Wi-fi at home. I don't know if it matters if you have to use your data either way. What I do to conserve data is I keep mine turned off and only turn it on when I absolutely have to use it, turning it back off immediately upon finishing. Some places have wi-fi so you are able to use that when you are out and can save your data. But if you have Wi-fi at home, just wait to transfer the photos when possible and I think that will help.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,395
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

I received mine today. Set it up, really easy to do and husband will mount cameras over the weekend. I have them set inside and they work really well.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,274
Registered: ‎05-08-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

We received ours yesterday and have them set up.  Now we are deciding just where to  mount them.  We did monitor our dog while we were out last night.  Glad to know he just sleeps - LOL!

 

This has to be the fastest delivery I have ever received from QVC.  Must be they came directly from the Blink warehouse!

 

BTW  On Blink's website, extra cameras are $89.99.  QVC was selling extra cameras the day of the TSV for $119.  The next day the price was lowered to $109.  What is with that, QVC?  Kind of a rip IMO.

 

I'll report back after using them for awhile.  We are going to make sure they are in good working order during the next 30 days, otherwise, they are going back. 

 

I would be interested in knowing how others are doing with these.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,864
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

[ Edited ]

@Tends2dogs wrote:

We received ours yesterday and have them set up.  Now we are deciding just where to  mount them.  We did monitor our dog while we were out last night.  Glad to know he just sleeps - LOL!

 

This has to be the fastest delivery I have ever received from QVC.  Must be they came directly from the Blink warehouse!

 

BTW  On Blink's website, extra cameras are $89.99.  QVC was selling extra cameras the day of the TSV for $119.  The next day the price was lowered to $109.  What is with that, QVC?  Kind of a rip IMO.

 

I'll report back after using them for awhile.  We are going to make sure they are in good working order during the next 30 days, otherwise, they are going back. 

 

I would be interested in knowing how others are doing with these.

 

 


 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,274
Registered: ‎05-08-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

[ Edited ]

@Qgirl26 , @Starliteshine, @qvcfreak, @tsavorite  and others responding on this thread.....

 

We received our Blink and downloaded app, etc.  We set the cameras around in various locations, inside and out, checking camera angles, range, etc.....this is what has happened so far: 

 

we weren't getting a picture on some of the cameras and we aren't always getting alerts.  DH called Blink CS and was on with them over a half hour.  BTW they were very nice and patient.  Anyway, the rep seemed to think that our modem is not strong enough and that our phone seems somewhat outdated.  He suggested a few things, but we aren't having success.  DH has adjusted the sensitivity levels and that really hasn't helped.  We were out last night - maybe 45 miles from home.  We could pick up the camera to watch live.  We even saw a cat walk off our porch and down the sidewalk, but it didn't trigger an alert.

 

Are any of you having problems??  Any Tracfone users having success?

 

I would love to hear your experiences.  Oh, DH asked about being able to watch from you computer and he said they are working on that.  So, you know there is a new and approved on the horizon.  I hope it has 2 way voice like the RING.

 

Comments pretty please???

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,395
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

@Tends2dogs, I haven’t had any problems. I put 3 outside and one inside to monitor the pups but they trigger it a lot. Khloe even stares right at it. The blue light grabs her attention so we’re moving it outside as well 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,020
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision


@qvcfreak wrote:

@Tends2dogs, I haven’t had any problems. I put 3 outside and one inside to monitor the pups but they trigger it a lot. Khloe even stares right at it. The blue light grabs her attention so we’re moving it outside as well 


 

Since my husband ordered these that night, I watched parts of a presentation that day (knowing I'll probably have to do everything except for putting the cams up) and one thing of which I made note was that you can turn the lights off.   They said inside, or on the back (cannot remember which), there is a setting for that and also a couple of other settings.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,274
Registered: ‎05-08-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision


@qvcfreak wrote:

@Tends2dogs, I haven’t had any problems. I put 3 outside and one inside to monitor the pups but they trigger it a lot. Khloe even stares right at it. The blue light grabs her attention so we’re moving it outside as well 


@qvcfreak  How far from your modem and how far from the module to you have your cameras?  Our home is quite spread out and maybe that is going to be problem. 

 

Yes, you can turn the blue light off as @chickenbutt stated.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,395
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

@Tends2dogs, my house is small 1400 sq ft. The modem is in the guest bedroom and the farthest camera is diagonally across on the other side of the house.