Valued Contributor

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Starliteshine  Yes, we can download apps on our TracPhones.  My husband is concerned this will use up our data when we check on the house.  Oh well, we have 30 days to find all of this out.

Did I hear this right - last night I thought I heard them say that you can check your house temperature with this device.  Is that correct? 

I probably should sit down and watch another presentation before midnight.  I hope the videos will be available after tomorrow. 

Also, I didn't purchase the protection plan.   Hope we don't end up needing it.

TA

@tends2dogs I understand your husband's concern about using up your data. My son had a Tracphone before we added him to our family plan. It's easy to set temperature alerts. On the upper right corner next to the little running man are 3 lines with dots. Click on the lines. Here is where you name each camera (front porch, back porch, etc), can monitor battery strength, set your sensitivity, clip length, retrigger and temperature settings. Be sure to enable temperature alert so you receive notifications. It really is easy to set up and not a lot to learn. I bought the protection plan just in case we drop a camera while removing from base. I figured $20 a year for 3 years isn't bad considering the cameras cost over $100 each. 

Valued Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Can both my Husband and I have the app on phone and get the notifications??  Didn't see full presentation wondering if this is possible?

I am thinking of ordering this system....

Yes, my husband and I both have the app on our phone. My kids do too. Whoever you give your sign in info to can access your camera as long as they download the app. My sister monitors our cameras when we are camping in the mountains and can't get an internet signal on our phones. 

Respected Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Can both my Husband and I have the app on phone and get the notifications??  Didn't see full presentation wondering if this is possible?

I am thinking of ordering this system....

Yes, my husband and I both have the app on our phone. My kids do too. Whoever you give your sign in info to can access your camera as long as they download the app. My sister monitors our cameras when we are camping in the mountains and can't get an internet signal on our phones. 

Awesome and a big thank you!!  Just put in my order

Frequent Contributor

I guess I asked the wrong question. My son wanted to know how far from the camera must you be before it will detect motion?

Regular Contributor

My husband was curious and we are watching and Rick is so hyped up my husband is totally turned off and no loner wants to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@imagemd, I believe it’s Jane doing the presentation on line and she’s very easy to listen to. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for all your help with this, @Starliteshine.  My DH and I are anxious to get it and try it out.  We go south for part of the year and this will give us peace of mind to be able to see our house plus have our house checker give us his reports. 

If we like it, we may purchase for our down south house, too.  I suspect that the new and improved version (they always come up with one Woman Wink) will have a way to communicate like the Ring. 

TA!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Mine already shipped, I’m so excited 

Valued Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Mine already shipped, I’m so excited 

Hope you like them as much as we do!

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @Qgirl26.  Do you think it will use up minutes.......data   ???   when checking your alerts or just plain ole monitoring?

TIA

@tends2dogs, I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I rarely use data since I have Wi-Fi at home so I wouldn't know. I am sure it's a possibility if you are monitoring it a long time. I think if you are just checking here or there, as long as you don't leave on the data the whole time and only turn it on when you want to see what's happening, I'd think you would be ok. Sorry I can't be of more help. It's not something I gave any thought to when ordering mine because I almost never have to use my data.