Esteemed Contributor

Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

Anyone have today's TSV?  If so, does it work well?  Do you like it?   TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

I just logged on to see if anyone had it. I guess I’ll order it and try it for 30 days. 

Valued Contributor

This is lengthy, but bear with me. Smiley Happy I bought the Blink 2 pack with sync module in December for $179.95. I was a big fan of Ring and actually bought additional stick up cameras and indoor chimes for every area of our house. I spent a lot of money adding to our Ring. After a year, it wecame wonky and wasn't reliable. App features weren't working and their tech team couldn't figure out why. In addition, they started charging $30 a year for videos. This all happened while they were in the process of selling to Amazon, so customer service wasn't a priority. I saw the Blink on QVC and added it to our house for the times our Ring failed, which was quite often. We love our Blink cameras. They've been up for 7 months and we haven't had any problems. They record what they should and the video quality is better than Ring. We have Iphones and don't have any problems with immediate notifications. No hidden charges or surprise subscription fees like our Ring. So simple to install. Our original batteries are still going strong. I haven't had the need to contact Blink's customer service so I can't speak about their level of support. We mounted our cameras in an easy, reachable location. I bring one of the cameras indoors (very easy) and set it on my kitchen counter to monitor our pets when we go out for a few hours. Even though I dont need the additional sync module (my module holds up to 10 cameras), I am ordering the TSV for the extra cameras. Today's package is the lowest price anywhere. We still have our Ring up and use it for the two way audio to answer our door but depend on our Blink for security videos. 

Respected Contributor

@Starliteshine  .... Are they easy to install and remove?  I'm thinking of this for my mother's house, which we are trying to sell.  It's vacant now, and I'd like more security, but I'd want to take it with me when the house is sold.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Starliteshine, Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just ordered the TSV. 

Valued Contributor

Super easy. As a matter of fact, we will be selling our house in the fall and I am instaling the additional cameras from the TSV. Just be sure to exclude the cameras in the listing. 

@ItsME wrote:

@Starliteshine  .... Are they easy to install and remove?  I'm thinking of this for my mother's house, which we are trying to sell.  It's vacant now, and I'd like more security, but I'd want to take it with me when the house is sold.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Starliteshine  Thank you for taking the time to share.  We are considering the Blink.  Our disappointment is that there is no way to communicate with an intruder.  You know, to scare them off.  We were thinking that when we are away for the winter, it would be an additional way to keep an eye our home.  We already have a human house checker LOL.  If we are 1400 miles away and see something happening, I guess our only option would be to call the police and have them come out and check it out.  I don't even know if they will do that if you are away in another state. 

Some on here mentioned putting it up in a vacant home.  Don't you have to have WiFi service in order to use this?  I believe it was @ItsME.

One last question.  Will this work with a TracPhone?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Starliteshine  Thank you for taking the time to share.  We are considering the Blink.  Our disappointment is that there is no way to communicate with an intruder.  You know, to scare them off.  We were thinking that when we are away for the winter, it would be an additional way to keep an eye our home.  We already have a human house checker LOL.  If we are 1400 miles away and see something happening, I guess our only option would be to call the police and have them come out and check it out.  I don't even know if they will do that if you are away in another state. 

Some on here mentioned putting it up in a vacant home.  Don't you have to have WiFi service in order to use this?  I believe it was @ItsME.

One last question.  Will this work with a TracPhone?

TIA

It is not a two way communication or an alarm system, it is for video recording security. I use it for recording who comes up to my home or around my home. I have never had a package stolen, but it I did, it would be on camera. My Blink system is my outside eyes or inside eyes when I move a camera indoors. If you're looking for something to scare away an intruder, an alarm system might be better suited. I would add the Blink system just so I could see what is going on while away. Yes, you do need internet service. Not sure about a TracFone since we have Iphones. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your quick response, @Starliteshine.  The TracPhones are smartphones so we are hoping it will work.  One last question (I hope), is it motion that triggers the recording?  Like outside when someone approaches your door, does that initiate the recording and alert to your phone? 

For the ones you use indoors to monitor your pets, do you just go to your phone and are able to watch their activity?  As you can tell, we are extremely tech illiterate.

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Starliteshine & @tends2dogs  Thanks!  I didn't think about the Wi-FI.  If it would record via bluetooth, it would be okay.  I'll have to do some research.