Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Blackstone Griddle

[ Edited ]

GET ONE!  We have one and it is so much more versatile than a grill and you don't have to clean up a messy-ass kitchen!  We use ours DAILY and cook everything on it. Easy to clean and everything tastes so good!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I'm more interested in the table-top model.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

GET ONE!  We have one and it is so much more versatile than a grill and you don't have to clean up a messy-ass kitchen!  We use ours DAILY and cook everything on it. Easy to clean and everything tastes so good!

That's quite an endorsement! Tell me about the meals you make with this. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife.  That is awesome!  Not all can cook outside daily, today's low temp is 16 degrees here in Denver. Not going out in that lol!  Would love to hear some of your favorite meal prep though! 

Esteemed Contributor

Does the Blackstone grill come with a propane tank? I have read it doesn't because of the strict regulations. This would be an added costs to the grill. The food looks good. 

Super Contributor

Re: Blackstone Griddle

[ Edited ]

i have one and don't use it much. It's big but you can just heat up half of it. It's easier to wash a fry pan then the outside griddle. Also I have to season it like cast iron each time. I do have a different brand though. 

Edited to say the TSV is a good deal. 

Respected Contributor

I hate bbq ing  because of the running in and out of the house and letting in heat and mosquitos (live in the south).

Also the cleaning.  Can you remove the griddle for cleaning?  I hate the clean up part of cooking outdoors.

Honored Contributor

I have a Blackstone griddle too, but a smaller model.  I had to buy the stand, cover, bottles and scrapers as a seperate purchase and it cost way more than the TSV package .The TSV is a great price, especially with shipping included.

I use mine all spring and summer long.  It cooks a great breakfast...bacon, eggs, pancakes, French toast, potatoes, etc.

Lunch might include grilled cheese, hamburgers, steak sandwiches, etc.

Dinner..steaks, chicken, pork, fish, veggies

There is very little clean up involved.  You just scrape the grease and food scraps into the slot on the back of the griddle...no soap is ever used...just water and it doesn't take much effort or time.

My family owned a resturant and the Blackstone is just as good as the one used in our professional kitchen, only smaller.

The more you cook on the griddle, the better it gets.  The griddle surface is like that of a cast iron fry pan.  We use it way more than our grill.

They are not disassembled to clean....It is a heavy item and should be used outdoors only.

Respected Contributor

My son in law has one and he cooks some very good food on it.  He loves to grill, smoke and griddle when we have get together at their home.

Last summer I had one of the best burgers he has ever cooked from it.  I have seen it in action, in person, and if we entertained more I would get one in a heartbeat.  But I no longer eat fried foods or meats, only a very few times per year.

The clean up seemed very easy too!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Blackstone Griddle

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife  I will show hubs see if he's interested...we cook outside on grill from April to November.  After that it's just to cold to stand out there.  We have a RecTec smoker grill with a grill grate to put on the surface but this looks great for shrimp and veggies.  He likes grill toys and stuff so yeah thanks for the heads up!  We are doing burgers on grill today...love grilled food

Edited to say shoot after looking at it, I didn't realize it was an entire grill thing.  I took a quick glance and thought it was just the top part...the tray.  Oh well, I may look to see if I can actually find just a tray to put on our grill.