Super Contributor

BlacknDecker swivel sweeper?

Was excited when i saw it presented. In need of one. Have the original swivel sweeper.

One of them broke and need to replace.

Checked the reviews and am a bit diesappointed. Some were not good.

Just wondering if i should order??

Would love to hear from anyone that has it? Please let me  know?

Was ready to order,but holding out till later on.

Respected Contributor

Re: BlacknDecker swivel sweeper?

I need to replace my cordless vac.  I have had several Electrolux cordless for so many years and LOVE them.  Sadly,  they are not making them anymore.  I've done so much research and am not thrilled with anything yet,  but the one brand I will sadly stay away from is this one....   yet,  I love their dustbusters.  Go figure.  

Agree...  their cordless vacs get awful reviews from the research I've done.

Valued Contributor

do  not buy it its junk

Esteemed Contributor

I actually checked this out at BBB months ago. I was looking for a sweeper for the Don Astlet rugs in my kitchen. My Dyson is too strong. I had an old Bissel hand sweeper that I use in the laundry room but it's seen better days.  There are a vareity of this type of sweeper out there but they all look pretty flimsy to me. I also don't want to have to worry about keeping something charged for qucik pick ups. This is very light in the hand but the sweeper head seemed a bit "wild"to manuever. I finally purchased another Bissel manuel sweeper and love it . It was only $20. That said, this model does look like it's new and improved but I still love my Bissel.    

Esteemed Contributor

Glad I read this. Thanks for the heads up. 

Respected Contributor

I was a little tempted to buy this, but I talked myself out of it.  I have 100% hardwood floors and tile.  I do have a couple of entry rugs, but either shake them out or use my 25+  year old Oreck.  

I decided I can still use the trusty broom and dust pan, followed by Swiffers. It has worked and stands the test of time.  A bit more effort, but I'm fine with this!

Regular Contributor

I watched the presentation last night and I’m watching right now. I need a little sweeper, but I am concerned about using it on our hardwood floors. I’m wondering if those beater brushes will tear your floor up?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When the battery dies then it cannot be replaced. The thing is disposable...goes into the landfill.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I saw the presentation this morning with Dan Hughes.  I thought it looked like a piece of junk. 

Super Contributor

I bought this last year and was anxious to try it as I have all hardwood and tile floors, with a dog, a cat and a husband (in that order!).  I got it and there was some assembly. It was easy. However, it has four round smooth plastic sliders so that it will glide over the floor. They fit at the four corners of the floor plate. One of them was broken and just that one little cheap part made the whole thing unusable. I returned it but they were out and so refunded me my money.

I looked online today at several different vendors. I found out that the Bissell and the Ontel sweepers are the only ones that have batteries that you can replace. The Shark looked good but it doesn't swivel. I'm passing on this one at the Q today.