Honored Contributor

Re: Bio Cleaner TSV- have you tried it?

I am interested in this, but as someone else stated, I only want one container.  Uggh..who wants to go in 1/2 with me who lives near Indy?  

LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I am interested in this, but as someone else stated, I only want one container.  Uggh..who wants to go in 1/2 with me who lives near Indy?  

LOL

@winamac1

I thought the same thing when I first got this product. But what happens is you find more things to clean with it and then you use more than you thought you would.

There are no expiration dates on this and I have had tubs of it last in the cabinet for years. Also, I have given some to others who have need for a good cleaner, so I have to keep restocking mine.

I'm really glad I found this cleaner, so maybe take the plunge, and if it isn't what you thought it would be, send it back within the 30 days.

I will repeat what I have said when posting about this product before. It is not some 'miracle' paste. It requires some time and 'elbow grease' in order to get good results. It also leaves a haze or film that has to be washed off. So it is a bit of a time consuming and energy consuming product, not just a "wipe it on and have a miracle" kind of product, and that might not be what a lot of people are expecting or wanting.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tribesters wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

I'd like to hear from anyone that has used this product too. I'm always on the look out for a new cleaning aid that will not scratch or harm the finish of different surfaces. Something that Works!!

I have something from the Q called Astonish a cleaning paste. It says it works on all types of enamel, porcelain, glass ceramic stoves, ovens, cookware and patio furniture. It also says it's a mild abrasive and care should be taken on delicate surfaces to avoid scratching. Avoid use on highly polished stainless steel and brass and copper.

It has worked for me, but after reading the labeling again, now I know why I haven't used it much !!!  LOL    Afraid of scratching !

I'm afraid of scratching too- I read one review where they said it scratched their stainless fridge. But there were more reviews that said it was great for stainless. Sometimes I wonder if they had debris on the cloth that caused the scratching & it wasn't the product. 

@Tribesters - the manufacturer specifies NOT to use the product on upright SS kitchen appliances due to the varying grades of stainless steel.  It's great on the smaller stuff - stainless coffeepot, stainless pots & pans, etc.

I've never gotten cleaner stainless pots and pans than I have with this product. They look like new!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

This stuff really works, but be sure to educate yourself on what it's OK on and what it's not.  It works well on my fiberglass tub/shower surround and sink.  Be sure to rinse well, to get rid of the powder residue.  

Several years ago, I put away my stainless steel waterless cookware and got a big set of hard anodized.  Lately I've been missing them so I asked DH to pull them out again and gave the hard anodized set away.  The SS set had some stains on the exterior bottom that I could never get off.  I got out the Bio Cleaner, went to work, and got them restored to a beautiful condition.  Then, the second night I used one of the larger saucepans, I had a cooking boo-boo and scorched the interior bottom of the pan.  It took a little time, but I got that thing shining again with the Bio Cleaner.  In the process, some of the cleaning foam got on my quartz countertop but it washed off easily without harm.  It also works on the stove top, if you happen to have something cook over and get burned on.

My oven is self-cleaning, but I don't really like using that option.  It heats up the house so badly and I wonder about breathing that air in, if it's OK for my pets.  I think I'm going to try the Bio Cleaner on my oven one of these days.

@JeanLouiseFinch

I don't use my self cleaning oven either, but use this to clean the few spills I get in my oven. It works well.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

LOL

@winamac1 I live about an hour north of Lafayette and do you know, every time I see your name I think of the town with the same name.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ctinaw wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

I've been using this from the other shopping channel.  Clay cleaners are amazing!  DO NOT USE on your stainless appliances!  Everyone is very specific about that.  I have a stainless steel sink that was put in 3 years ago and you'd never know it wasn't brand new.  Love the finish it leaves.  Nice protection on sink, glass top stoves and bathroom fixtures.  I had milk boil over and what a mess.  A little elbow grease and it's brand new again.  It will last forever.

But why? If it works ok on stainless sinks what is the issue with appliances? I really am curious. Will it damage it? Why do they advise not to use it on stainless appliacnes but other stainless applications is fine - as is sterling. It just seems odd. What is the reasoning?

@ctinaw what I read said it had to do with the varying grades of the SS used for the refrigerators, stoves, etc.  Countertop appliances, like a coffeepot, and SS pots and pans are fine.  

Honored Contributor

I'm interested in this product, but not interested enough to spend $40 on 3 super-sized containers, just to try it out. Reviewers have said that a little goes a long way. And l don't need the microfiber cloths that are included.

So why can't the Q offer another option, to let us choose to buy just one container, for $12.99 with $3.00 shipping, let's say. Because they don't offer this, they've lost my sale, and probably thousands of others...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

I purchased this last year and ended up throwing all three away.  It didn't work.  I had terrible rusty brown stains in my bathroom tubs,sinks,showers, from a a rusted expansion tank.  We kept thinking it was the water but only the hot.  Plumber told us about Bar Keepers Friend and THIS took ALL the stains out!!  I was amazed.  Much cheaper as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

I looked at this for a long time because I need cleaners that don't have scents or harsh chenmicals in them with my allergies. I also want them to do the job. I finally caved last year when this was a TSV and am very pleased with it. It really does work and rinses clean. It lasts and lasts. I go thru those sponges they include but I just use my sponges from Campenelli. I don't have a Scrub daddy sponge but I would think that would work very well.

I use this on all of my stainless steel sinks, shower doors, etc. Once I open the container I just go all around the house with it.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I had known this was going to be the TSV because I just last week bought a set of the smaller ones because I was nearly out.

I LOVE this product!

So far it has cleaned everything I have tried it on. I use it at least 3x week on the glass stove top and I also use it on the stainless steel sinks, the oven, and my Breville oven.

I have not tried it yet in the bathroom but as I am moving soon I know I will give it a try so I leave the place all shiny and looking good.

Even though I just bought some I did buy this set as well because I use it all the time and I really want to try out these new microfiber cloths as well.

I'm glad I check out the website today.

@Fressa I use my Scrub Daddy with mine all the time when I have a stubborn boil over or something like that on my stovetop. No scratches and works like a charm with the product.