Respected Contributor

Re: Big Time TS Buyer's Remorse

@PickyPicky3  i had just tuned in at 11:30 last nite. looked like an amazing laptop deal and i loved the rose gold.   and was just about to order the TS but DH was talking me out of it. 

i was so irritated with him and we went around and around. 

totally an impulse purchase but i will need a new laptop sometime.  then i checked the reviews for the 14" and  15"HP  same colors.  they aren't that good.   i had an HP a few years ago that just died one night. just crashed and burned so i'm slightly leery of HPs.

hope you can get a full refund including return ship on their dime. sometimes they will provide a pre-paid label as a courtesy which they should because crucial details were withheld!

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3  I almost ordered it on impulse, but stopped myself.  I kept thinking about how overpriced the shopping network's iPad deals usually are, so I figured this might be the same.  

I need to do more research on a good laptop.  I do have an HP desktop that it is still going strong at about 5 years, but I honestly don't know about their laptops.  

Very deceiving of HSN.  I can see a computer needing some updates when you receive them, but "hours" sounds really strange.  

Respected Contributor

@Roni18   I am a lifelong overthinker, and my brain has been running a lot on this one. I keep coming to the moment when the HP sales rep and the HSN electronics buyer ask each other, "How can we tell HSN customers what they're actually buying?" And they decide the answer is they won't -- until after the sale. I bet HP could have done the updates in the factory but didn't want to and because of that gave HSN an even lower price.

I also couldn't reconcile a three week delivery date and my inability to cancel my order. Maybe HP wouldn't assemble these computers until they had firm sales numbers. They didn't want to get stuck with them. Three weeks for production sounds about right.

In any case, I hope this kind of post-sale disclosure doesn't become the new normal.

Honored Contributor

refuse delivery.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

OH HAPPY DAY!    HSN cancelled my order.   Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@PickyPicky3  I almost ordered it on impulse, but stopped myself.  I kept thinking about how overpriced the shopping network's iPad deals usually are, so I figured this might be the same.  

I need to do more research on a good laptop.  I do have an HP desktop that it is still going strong at about 5 years, but I honestly don't know about their laptops.  

Very deceiving of HSN.  I can see a computer needing some updates when you receive them, but "hours" sounds really strange.  

@Roni18 

I have an HP laptop that is probably 7 years old and runs great. I purchased at COSTCO because of their return policy. I did not buy the most expensive, but also did not buy the least expensive.

I have always purchased HP products for desktop and laptops, but had really cruddy Dell products a couple time for work laptops when the company was going thru their cheap IT phase. That didn't go well...so back to HP they went and they ended up replacing everyone's Dell to improve productivity. 

But these days, I mostly use my Samsung tablet and use the laptop maybe an hour a week.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I would return without even opening or refuse delivery.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   I don't know if you're a Costco member, but if you are shop there for a new laptop.  They have good deals on computers each month when their sales coupon book comes out.  They have a wonderful return policy, no questions asked.  Never had a problem with purchasing any computer from Costco and they don't sell outdated ones either.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I would never buy something that is cumbersome like a computer or big exercise equipment. I find plenty of deals at B&M stores in my area.
Super Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

OH HAPPY DAY!    HSN cancelled my order.   Thank you.

LUCKY YOU!!!  

I was just coming on to see if you received your laptop yet.  Did you dodge a bullet!  Mine came today, the update only took 5 minutes and everything was already downloaded.

That being said... I tried to do a telehealth appointment with my doctor just now, even though the screen was fine, it was buffering on the bottom, the sound would not turn up and when I clicked on the bottom to see the time etc, the screen just disappeared and for the life of me I could not get it to come back up as the toolbar was just buffering the whole time.  Wasted precious minutes with the dr to retrieve my old laptop, boot up etc. :-/

Reviews are not good either.

What I did like is the keyboard keys are big!  My old is a 17" as well but the keys are wider and backlit.

Again, lucky you!