Honored Contributor

Big Deal NIV Rainbow Study Bible

I am in a few Bible studies and use my Bible a lot. This looks interesting, and although I think the color coding is a great idea, I think it would distract me too much. IDK. What do you all think? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Deal NIV Rainbow Study Bible

It is great when you are looking for verses on particular subjects.  It is nice also to just sit and browse on topics. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the color-coding would drive me crazy! I would miss the wording of the Bible (i.e. KJV or RSV), which is beautifully written and has been handed down for centuries. This seems to be dumbing-down the language. We don't need any more of that!! What's wrong with learning about the Bible like any other text?

The larger type would be a plus, but I imagine Bibles are available in larger fonts without all those colors running through the type.

ETA: Cliff's Notes could have written something just a easy to read for less money and available in any bookstore!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I kind of feel the same way but, I suspect it is just a bit of adjusting to the background colors. All of my Bibles have the plain printed pages. It has been a long time since I got a new Study Bible and I decided to try this one. Lots of other nice features, too. I hope and expect to really like it but, if I don’t, I know I can return it. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased this bible a couple of years ago and still use it today. I did not find it to be a distraction and it is very handy when looking up verses because of the color coding and tabs. I mark my passages using ink and having the passages in color and categorized makes it great for studying.

Honored Contributor

I am purchasing the Bible as I am really interested in the color coding of the scriptures. Great idea!!

Honored Contributor

To me it is more to look for and read topics than a Bible to read and study from.  No, you might be distracted to try to read continually for some time.

But it does help look for and read topics when you are searching for answers, help, comfort or knowledge about a certain topic.  It is great when you are looking for information or inspiration but aren't sure where to look. 

Esteemed Contributor

The maps looked really interesting to me! I don't know if it would work for me, though, because I like reading the Bible and using my own marking system.

Actually, I missed the presentation. How are the colors being used? Promises? Commands? Prophecies fulfilled?

Honored Contributor

For me it beats hi-liting my regular bible.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

To me it is more to look for and read topics than a Bible to read and study from.  No, you might be distracted to try to read continually for some time.

But it does help look for and read topics when you are searching for answers, help, comfort or knowledge about a certain topic.  It is great when you are looking for information or inspiration but aren't sure where to look. 

@Sooner 

I think that's how I would look at it too.  More of "in addition to" a regular Bible than "instead of".

I think it would be great for quick access to whatever subject you were looking for, or possibly a good gift for someone just learning the Bible.