Honored Contributor

Big Deal 18/0 stainless flatware?

My guess is that this isn't going to hold it's finish and shine very well with the 0% Nickel in it. 

Wonder why they bothered. Maybe to get the lower price point, but really isn't that great of a deal in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Deal 18/0 stainless flatware?

I concur.  The only saving factor is that most people don't know that 18/10 means nickel has been added and this is what makes SS flatware shine.  They think its an indicator of the quality and weight of the steel.  Not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

If you want your flatware to survive the dishwasher for many years, it should be 18/10.  18/0 won't hold up over time.  The last thing I want to hand wash is flatware!

Honored Contributor

And where did most of us learn this fact to begin with?  ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I watched the video multiple times that day because I was interested and Antonella gushed over and over how this was such a good price for 18/10 stainless steel and Meredith was standing right next to her and never corrected her. Someone asked a question on the product page because it wasn't listed in the description but was in the link for care insturctions. They were trying to get a clarification. Later in the day Q took the video down and added 18/0 in the description. The producers should have definitely corrected Antonella.

Trusted Contributor

@DJs momwrote:

I watched the video multiple times that day because I was interested and Antonella gushed over and over how this was such a good price for 18/10 stainless steel and Meredith was standing right next to her and never corrected her. Someone asked a question on the product page because it wasn't listed in the description but was in the link for care insturctions. They were trying to get a clarification. Later in the day Q took the video down and added 18/0 in the description. The producers should have definitely corrected Antonella.

I agree.  Meredith knew better, and kept silent.  She should have spoke up.  I must admit, I lost a little respect for her for that..

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

I agree.  Meredith knew better, and kept silent.  She should have spoke up.  I must admit, I lost a little respect for her for that..

I've often seen vendors NOT correct a host, and I assume that they are instructed not to do so. What I don't understand is why the producer or whoever is 'in their ear' isn't catching that and correcting the host. My guess is QVC doesn't want vendors making the host look like they don't know the product. 

The entire day they presented Wamsutta products, several hosts were pronouncing the brand name wrong, even after the vendor would say it correctly (vendor never actually corrected a host, just would pronounce it in the next sentence she used in the correct manner)

Whoever is 'in their ear' needs to correct things when they are that wrong. Letting people believe it was 18/10 was really wrong. I can't believe it wasn't caught. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

I've often seen vendors NOT correct a host, and I assume that they are instructed not to do so. What I don't understand is why the producer or whoever is 'in their ear' isn't catching that and correcting the host. My guess is QVC doesn't want vendors making the host look like they don't know the product. 

The entire day they presented Wamsutta products, several hosts were pronouncing the brand name wrong, even after the vendor would say it correctly (vendor never actually corrected a host, just would pronounce it in the next sentence she used in the correct manner)

Whoever is 'in their ear' needs to correct things when they are that wrong. Letting people believe it was 18/10 was really wrong. I can't believe it wasn't caught. 

If they led people to believe it was, that is false advertising, which is illegal.  One day QVC is going to be hit with a lawsuit and lose.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

If they led people to believe it was, that is false advertising, which is illegal.  One day QVC is going to be hit with a lawsuit and lose.

I believe they have been sued before and lost. They usually have to give back customers money for the item sold. I think my mom recieved a refund some years ago under such a circumstance. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

I've heard vendors correct hosts plenty of times. I was watching Carolyn's garden show this morning & heard a vendor correct her when she gave the wrong information. There is no excuse for the producers not correcting Antonella. I still believe Meredith should have said something. Why would she want false information given about a product she is paid to endorse? I bet if Antonella was saying it was 18/0 when it was really 18/10 Meredith would have corrected her.