Respected Contributor

I just wanted to comment on the TSV from a week or so ago.  I bought a few because they said there were more lights and lasted longer. My problem is they are so tiny that you have to use two strands to really make a good lighted area.  I have one set in my smallest bathroom on a shelving on the wall.  They are so dim that I would have to put another set up with them (if I had one more).  I used the others elseware. For me this wasn't a good deal as I like to light up everything.  If you stand still for more than a minute I will decorate you.  Last year's lights were a tad bit larger.  Sorry, I am talking about the battery operated string lights.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw those lights but bought the ones from last year so didn’t need more. Glad I didn’t now that you say they are dim.  I really need to just use things I have the new ones never are as good.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

Thank you for your review!  I opened mine today & boy they are truly "micro mini" in size!!!

I compared them to last year model and I found the same thing.  They certainly do not give off brightness with 1 strand☹️.  I needed at least 2 to get the "look" I wanted.

I don't know since there are more lights/strand could be the problem.  This is probably why they offered set of 4. I think these may go back -- ugh!  (No way do they illuminate like they looked on tv.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Bethlehem lights TSV

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I just wanted to comment on the TSV from a week or so ago.  I bought a few because they said there were more lights and lasted longer. My problem is they are so tiny that you have to use two strands to really make a good lighted area.  I have one set in my smallest bathroom on a shelving on the wall.  They are so dim that I would have to put another set up with them (if I had one more).  I used the others elseware. For me this wasn't a good deal as I like to light up everything.  If you stand still for more than a minute I will decorate you.  Last year's lights were a tad bit larger.  Sorry, I am talking about the battery operated string lights.

You adorably said " If you still for more than  minute I will decorate you". Made me chuckle outload after a very bad day. It made me picture that. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the FYI. I haven't taken mine out of the box , guess I better check them out  to makeure they  will suit the purpose I had intended them for . Plan to  do alot of Christmas decorating  this year as it will be my  1st Grandson's 1st Christmas .

Respected Contributor

I have the ones from about 10 years ago. I use them year round in different areas, inside fireplace we don't use with logs piled up as an example. Anyway, they are still going strong, love them.

Respected Contributor

If I remember correctly there are 2 level brighness levels available on the bottom of the remote. If you tried that and it's still not bright enough, I guess that's as good as it gets.