Super Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights TSV Window Candles - Plastic?!

Shocked when I received the lights.  Very light and very cheap plastic look and feel.  I don't think they will last long.  They did have some weight with the batteries, but I worry about the quality and the duration of use.

Honored Contributor

I have the Luminara ones for my windows and they are all plastic; the batteries add weight. Have had them for years and they still look brand new. They sit in my windows from Nov 1 till the day after the Epiphany.

I understand your concern. I would give them a chance, however. Being plastic doesn't mean they won't perform well and last a long time. : )

Regular Contributor

I received mine yesterday and I love them! Sorry you don't but they said repeatedly that they were plastic and the batteries are what give them weight.

I use eneloop rechargeable batteries and I bought enough of the 'C' spacers for use in each of the 4 sets of window candles I bought.

I already put them in my windows and I love the glow they give. I think it's so pretty year round and I plan to keep them up.

Also, my son's cat likes to sit in windows sometimes and the candles didn't move at all when he brushed by them.

I'm happy with them and very glad I bought 4 sets.

Frequent Contributor

I brought 2 sets and will be in between the window and curtains/shades and so far so good. From the outside they look nice. The battery life was what sold me. 

Contributor

I received mine a few days ago and am very pleased.  I purchased the ones with a black base and once you put the battery inside, place in a window, they are beautiful when viewing inside the house or from the outside.