Valued Contributor

Bethlehem Lights TSV Window Candles - Plastic?!

Just received my TSV flameless window candles from Bethlehem Lights.  I am shocked that they are plastic!  They look terribly cheap, like something I can get from the Dollar Store (no offence to Dollar Stores).  They have no weight to them at all.  I'm sending them right back.  Does anyone know if Valerie's are better quality?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights TSV Window Candles - Plastic?!

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Just received my TSV flameless window candles from Bethlehem Lights.  I am shocked that they are plastic!  They look terribly cheap, like something I can get from the Dollar Store (no offence to Dollar Stores).  They have no weight to them at all.  I'm sending them right back.  Does anyone know if Valerie's are better quality?  

I have the ones from very early on.  I think they are all made light-weight like that.  They just look weighty on TV. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty MavenYes I knew they were plastic, because the presenter said the batteries would give them enough weight to stay put. I didn't get mine yet, but I'll post after I take a look at them and try them out.

Valued Contributor

Yes, you're right -- they looked beautiful on TV.  I wasn't expecting actual brass, but, I did not expect something this lightweight.  For the price, they should be more substantial.  I've been disappointed too often lately with Q "quality," and its costing me $$ with the return charges.  For home decor, I think I'll stick to Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, Home Goods, Michaels etc. -- all of which are right around the corner from me.  I do love Valerie Parr Hill's items.

Honored Contributor

I don't think they could have sold them for that price if they were made of anything else but plastic. I own the set from several years ago and just be prepared to go through the batteries. 

Honored Contributor

I have an older version and they worked well.  When I moved the light hit the pane divider, so I couldn't use them.  I now have valerie's where you can adjust the height.  They are heavy.

Super Contributor

I have the BL TSV from years ago that are real brass and heavy. I was lucky enough to pick up extra ones at the outlet. I was turned off by the plastic and the fact you needed special bulbs. I also prefer electric candles rather than battery operated. 

I was hoping the candle TSV would be the Luminara electric window candles ( with a longer timer) the Q had last year and did away with. 

Frequent Contributor

I received mine, but haven't opened the box yet. After reading this thread, I have a feeling that they'll be going back. What sold me was the battery life. I did hear the hosts say that they were made of resin.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Trusted Contributor

I have the ones from Valerie that I purchased last year. Weighty metal. Very sturdy and substantial.

Respected Contributor

Yuk! Were they presented as plastic??