Valued Contributor

They look awful on set. They look poorly “fluffed,” certain sections look like they are missing lights, and they generally look like they are not uniform. If the QVC people can’t get them to look good on set, I doubt they’ll look good at home. Pull it together, folks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights TSV Trees

I must admit, they do not appear to be the quality I have come to expect from BL, but hey are still pretty. Like a Charlie Brown tree, a little bit of love and they will be beautiful. I really liked the ones that were fully adorned with beautiful bulbs.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I don't mind them.  I watched the TSV presentation at midnight, but turned the TV off at 1 am when it started all over again.  The trees are inexpensive so you can't expect perfection.  They have a five-year warranty, so that would be something I'd look into.

Honored Contributor

They are purposefully slim and "downswept" trees, which is not appealing to me at all.  Downswept makes them look sad to me. 

They do look better flocked, to me.  Makes the flocking look like heavy snow weighing the branches down.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After the glitter spring fiasco, I lost my confidence in Bethlehem Lights and their quality control.  I did decide on a new tree this year....got a gorgeous slim unlit one delivered yesterday from Balsam Hill.  6-1/2 feet, slim profile (38 in. wide at fullest part).  It was on sale, free delivery, and they sent me a $50 coupon.  I believe my total was $179.

I have no problem with adding a few strings of lights to it myself.  This will probably be the last "regular" tree I have, so I didn't want a prelit one that might stop working for me.

Hope everyone who orders the TSV has good luck and enjoys their tree.

Honored Contributor

I love a downswept tree but this doesn't appeal to me.

Almost every tree I've ever seen presented on any of the shopping channels always looks like there are areas that are lacking lights.  This is just one item I wouldn't ever buy from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

For anyone considering the 3' tree may I suggest taking a look at Valerie's Glistening Pine slim tree.  IMO it is much prettier than TSV and looks great even when not lit.  I do like a down swept Frazier Fur and had a really pretty one a few years ago but these are much to skinny for me.  

Respected Contributor

They're calling this a "designer" tree, I guess because of the slim, downswept look.  I don't like it, but maybe it appeals to some.  It looks like it would be difficult to put the ornaments on.

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

For anyone considering the 3' tree may I suggest taking a look at Valerie's Glistening Pine slim tree.  IMO it is much prettier than TSV and looks great even when not lit.  I do like a down swept Frazier Fur and had a really pretty one a few years ago but these are much to skinny for me.  

I have Valerie's Glistening Tree also and it's stunning and your right, it's just as stunning when not lit. I love this tree and have not seen anything that can come close to the beauty of it. I know some people do not like slim trees and I have not been a fan in the past, until this one came along. It's very unique in the way that it is snow kissed and also has thick glitter and no this does not make a mess at all. It's done to perfection.