Super Contributor

Bethlehem Lights TSV? A tree?

[ Edited ]

I hope it's a tree.  And a really good price!

Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights TSV? A tree?

I hope so too. I already have a BL tree that I love, but am hoping to get a second one for the foyer. I don't like harsh LED lights and really prefer a tree that has incandescent lights  that just glow and don't flash and look like a neon sign. Just my opinion..... Lately most of the ones offered are LED and perform dozens of light shows - not what I enjoy looking at when the tree is lit.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@Bethee  @LMsc  I think it will be worth your while to tune in on Tuesday for the Today's Special Value!  Smiley Happy  Barb Customer Care

Contributor

Thanks 😄

Super Contributor

I think you'll like this tree if you want a classic incandescent lighted tree with no party lights, so to speak. It's standard, and slow glisten. From what I understand, may have misread it,  the remote is attached, so nothing to lose. You can choose from a multi, or clear tree. It's really pretty!

The price is great too. Ranging from $249 for the 5'- to- $549 for the 9', and with 6 Easy Pays available. 

Regular Contributor

i was hoping that they would also have a table top tree of 3-4 feet.  Everything I see out in the box stores is so cheap looking.  My husband and I are retired and I have mega back issues and it is just too much for us to drag the big one up from the basement, decorate the thing, then undecorate it and haul it back down the steps.  I also do not want one with bright LED's blinking and flashing at me while I try and watch TV or read.

Contributor

I am looking at table top trees also.  I was looking at Vickerman's on walmart.com.  

Are PVC's the papery branches?  i don't want those, would prefer the plastic ones that feel like real needles.  

there are a few 4' ones on walmart that seem nice, but none in store, have to order online.  

Super Contributor

If it doesn't say, "molded tips" anywhere in the description than you  can't pretty much exspect to have the "old fashioned" scratchy branches.

A lot of brands still use them as filler or inner branches on the molded tip ones. It's lighter, cheaper, and fills in the holes.

So even it has molded tips, there's a big chance the inner branches will be scratchy, and will need fluffying since they tend to get crunched in the box. I have to wear long sleeves and gloves to fluff my molded tip or else I'll be covered in scratches and a rash with in a few hours.

Occasional Contributor

Try Target...I bought a 4 1/2 foot pre-lit Virginia Pine Tree there, and I use it as a tabletop tree. It is absolutely beautiful, and absolutely the fullest/best artificial tree I've ever purchased. Got mine last year on clearance right before Christmas for under $50. I see them in the store this year, and the 4 1/2 foot is around $75. I highly recommend!

Super Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@Bethee  @LMsc  I think it will be worth your while to tune in on Tuesday for the Today's Special Value!  Smiley Happy  Barb Customer Care

I caved and ordered. I wish they would say the colors included in the multi; I heard him say a bit ago 5 colors--is that blue, green, yellow, red and white?  Someone said 'purple' in a Q&A section, but I don't think purple is one of the colors (wish it was though!).