Respected Contributor

Re: Bernini Hoses

[ Edited ]

Two years ago I bought the 2-50' Bernini hoses when they were the TSV.  I paid $34.98 per hose + $5.50 shipping twice. 

This is just an update from my earlier post

Respected Contributor

Update from my original post:

I am so disappointed, my hose has sprung a leak...a BIG leak!  This one is in my backyard, I keep it rolled up on a wire hanger, never have run over it with a car or mower. It started with a small leak and within a couple weeks there is more water coming out of the hose than from the nozzle. After thinking this hose was one of my favorite purchases from the Q in 2019, I have to retract that. The 50' one in my front yard has started doing the same although it's much older. I bought this in March 2019 and it has a 1 year warranty, so I'm guessing they only last one year. An expensive purchase for one year. Grrrr!

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Update from my original post:

I am so disappointed, my hose has sprung a leak...a BIG leak!  This one is in my backyard, I keep it rolled up on a wire hanger, never have run over it with a car or mower. It started with a small leak and within a couple weeks there is more water coming out of the hose than from the nozzle. After thinking this hose was one of my favorite purchases from the Q in 2019, I have to retract that. The 50' one in my front yard has started doing the same although it's much older. I bought this in March 2019 and it has a 1 year warranty, so I'm guessing they only last one year. An expensive purchase for one year. Grrrr!

@Carolina925 

Thank you for posting your review of the hose.

I've been contemplating whether to buy some sort of metal garden hose to replace my conventional rubber one. But after reading many reviews of a few different brands, I've noticed the biggest complaint about them is the leaking issue. That has deterred me from buying one. Your review of the hose just confirmed my suspicion that the leak problem might be an inherent design flaw in the metal hoses to start with and that it has nothing to do with brand.

Respected Contributor

A search for Bernini online wasn't helpful, seems maybe they're not making them any longer. I'll go back to the old time rubber hoses.

Respected Contributor

Update from my earlier two posts:

I still have one of my 50' Bernini hoses that is working. I had to toss the other one due to leaking. I most likely will buy another 50' steel hose when this one leaks. I have it stored in a well and this makes it easy to store.

The 75' hose (in the front of my house) started leaking less than two years later. I wasted my money on "Flex Tape" it was impossible to use on the ribbing of the metal. I decided to get a heavy-duty traditional hose for watering my over-seeded yard. This has to be done in the morning and evening for about three weeks. I was not aware of how much water pressure I gained when I went back to a traditional garden hose. I now am able to water in half of the time!  

I am still waiting for the perfect garden hose......

Occasional Visitor

October of 2020 I purchased several of these hoses. I went to turn one of the 75 ft. ones on and it leaks. I feel for the price of these hoses they should last longer than 1.3 years. Bad QC for the company and QVC.

Respected Contributor

@mamasus , after posting my original review, both of mine started leaking! So disappointed and cringe every time they come on air. I thought they would last a long time, I seem to remember that they alluded to the fact that they had a long life. Bernini is a bad name as far as I'm concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Bernini hose, however it is a very small diameter which was on stated.  Also if you step on it it is very dangerous especially on concrete.

Esteemed Contributor
@barrel racer. I bought one last year. I love mine. It hasn’t sprung any leaks and far better than all the other hoses I bought that kinked