Trusted Contributor

Berkshire Fluffie TSV 2015

[ Edited ]

I absolutely love these throws and purchased a set (gray and sand) last year.  Why not offer a set of 2 of the same color?  I think they would be popular.  Thinking twin beds.  Yes, I know QVC would want me to purchase two sets to get 2 of the color I want and the just "give away" the other two but I can't do that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Berkshire Fluffie TSV 2015

Can you comment on the shedding?  I read some not so flattering reviews about lots of shedding going on with these blankets.  Have you found that to be a problem?  They do seem to be popular.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Can you comment on the shedding?  I read some not so flattering reviews about lots of shedding going on with these blankets.  Have you found that to be a problem?  They do seem to be popular.

@Snoopp I have several of these blankets and have never had a problem with shedding.  I wash in cold water, no fabric softener, and then in a cool air dryer.  Good as new for the past couple of years!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Snoopp I have several of these blankets and have never had a problem with shedding.  I wash in cold water, no fabric softener, and then in a cool air dryer.  Good as new for the past couple of years!

Thanks, I think I'll take a chance on them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@avid shopper wrote:

I absoluteley love these throws and purchased a set (gray and sand) last year.  Why not offer a set of 2 of the same color?  I think they would be popular.  Thinking twin beds.  Yes, I know QVC would want me to purchase two sets to get 2 of the color I want and the just "give away" the other two but I can't do that.

I agree, you should post your comment under suggestion box

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased the throws, but do have a lot of other Berkshire products, most of which I love, but not the Fluffie line.

I have a Fluffie king size blanket (two actually) and they do shed. I've only followed the exact washing/drying instructions, and they still do shed. I won't even use them anymore, and want to give them away because they frustrate me so.

There are a lot of mentions about the shedding, even in the good reviews.

So I'm wondering if it is kind of a luck of the draw kind of thing with these. Some runs of material shed, and some don't, and you just have to hope you get a good one.

No thanks. I can go to TJ Maxx and have a much bigger choice of throws in colors and prints, and feel just what I'm getting. Many Berkshires show up at our TJ Maxx store all year long, and I've noticed even more this holiday season.

This Fluffie line is a little too casual for me as well. Berkshire makes some really elegant and classic looking prints or stitched patterns, that are much more appealing than these.

Respected Contributor

No shedding.

Contributor

I ordered a set, because I love throws and it has good reviews.  I really wish that they would have included a color other than sand that's a bit more gender neutral with all of the sets like black, brown, or gray.  i'm considering buying a second set, but I hate the sand color and I'll probably be gifting the extra blankets to men on my gift list who I doubt are going to want a sand-colored blanket.  It's a lose-lose, because I'm either stuck with them or my recipients are getting them despite the fact that I know they won't like the color.

Valued Contributor

Think if your recipient has a warm skin tone, they will love the sand!   I am blonde, blue eyes, yellow toned skin and the sand would flatter me and go with my decor. 

Regular Contributor

I'd love to get a couple of sets but make no plans to gamble with shedding problems. Textile quality in general has gone downhill to such a degree lately, I'd rather not risk having to breathe in fabric particles, and then return the blankets.