Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

Belle jeggings that are listed as TSV

They must be on another day. I do not own any flexibelle jeans. I have been wearing a 14 in regular jeans, but a few styles in a 16. I really think I need the 16 in these as I don't want skin tight jeggings. 16 from the specific size chart seems to match me best in the 16 in the waist anyway. I have a little bit bigger hip than the size chart. So should I go with waist or hip?  I know they have stretch & going to a womens size I think the hip might be too big. I mean the worst that can happen is I will have to return. But talls sell out so fast! Any answers? Thank you! I love these forums!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Belle jeggings that are listed as TSV

[ Edited ]

Appreciate your dilemma.

I look at all pants like this:

As long as I can get them up, over my hips, that part is ok. But I have to be able to sit, bend, eat a meal without being miserable, so the comfort has to be there at the waist.

- I have a favourite pair of pants I usually wear to Dr appointments.  I recently realized it's the tightness around the waist when I'm sitting that's been driving up my blood pressure readings!!!

Go for comfort at the waist.

Edit: Paging @Imaoldhippie

Didn't you say you have a dozen pair of this brand?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first thought would to go with your biggest part----but----i usually go up a size especially in leggings or skinny jeans--do not like skin tight no matter what hype the vendor spreads----they ALWAYS fit me too tight and you can see all the "stuff" I have . Maybe order 2 sizes and send the one that doesn't fit back--may be worth the return fee. I am a firm medium but go to a large for a more relaxed fit in jeggings, leggings , skinnys----

Honored Contributor

Those jeggings don't have belt loops. I need them to keep my pants from sliding down. Easy pass. Why do all these pull-on style pants and jeans have no belt loops?? Frustrating for me.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge ...........I have 6 pair and I was just thinking what I would tell her as to her size.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@DAD ............You will love your flexibelles.  In my case I went with my waist size.  Im not an apple or a pear shape but a beer keg shape.  My stomach area is where I carry my fat.  The rest of the jeggings fit just perfect.   I hope you like your jeggings as much as I do.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee ......flexibelles do not stretch out or slide down so belts are not necessary.  They are not like other stretch jeans that grow when you wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried this brand about three months ago, Finally after years and years, I found a pair of jeans that will fit my body without stopping my circulation. I'm in between sizes and carry my weight in my front tummy and muffin top. I ordered by my hip size. I sized up one because there was only a small difference between the two sizes . I didn't want to hear stitches popping trying to get them past my hips. I've ordered the crops and the cropped leggings and I'm very pleased. I wear them every week. So comfy. I noticed it when I was driving the car that it didn't dig into my middle. That may be TMI but this search for jeans at an affordable $ has been a "quest". LOL      

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy any clothes here, but over several posts about this, you've nearly talked me into buying a pair of these Belle's, @Imaoldhippie .

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your advice! I was a pear most of my life, then after menopause my thighs don't have saddle bags but all my weight goes to my stomach! I don't drink beer often! LOL But that's the shape I guess . When I see Kim on lately she says she's wearing a 12, used to be 14. What is she wearing underneath? Three pairs of spanx?? I also am not well endowed on top. If some of my fat would just go there!