Honored Contributor

Re: Belle by Kim Gravel TSV Oct. 26

@Icegoddess wrote:

How much spandex is in these?  Looks like a lot of stretch.  I don't like super stretchy jeans.  And I really don't get the fake fly front.  When I was growing up, that would be considered cheap pants.  Have we gotten so lazy we can't be bothered with zipping and buttoning our pants anymore, or are we just letting manufacturers get away with cheaper construction techniques?  I do think the size of the boot cut is a good size, not too much of a flare.

@Icegoddess, you should probably pass on all her jeans because there is a ton of stretch. 

A fake fly front is more forgiving than a traditional waist.  I have a huge problem with pants being too big in my waist once they fit my hips, thighs and butt.  I don't have that problem with most pull-on or stretch waistbands and since I don't tuck, these types of bottoms are fine for me.  With a shirt over the top, no one knows at all that they aren't a traditional waistband.  I absolutely would never tuck something into a pull-on pant of any kind.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

How much spandex is in these?  Looks like a lot of stretch.  I don't like super stretchy jeans.  And I really don't get the fake fly front.  When I was growing up, that would be considered cheap pants.  Have we gotten so lazy we can't be bothered with zipping and buttoning our pants anymore, or are we just letting manufacturers get away with cheaper construction techniques?  I do think the size of the boot cut is a good size, not too much of a flare.

@Icegoddess, you should probably pass on all her jeans because there is a ton of stretch. 

A fake fly front is more forgiving than a traditional waist.  I have a huge problem with pants being too big in my waist once they fit my hips, thighs and butt.  I don't have that problem with most pull-on or stretch waistbands and since I don't tuck, these types of bottoms are fine for me.  With a shirt over the top, no one knows at all that they aren't a traditional waistband.  I absolutely would never tuck something into a pull-on pant of any kind.    

@Lipstickdiva, I will be skipping them.  I have the same problem with waist vs hips, but I'd rather have them altered than have a cheaper-looking pant.  I have had many a jean altered.  The curvy fits are better.  I don't get it though.  I thought butts were in.  Also, I thought fit was in, but designers seem to confuse fit with skinny when it comes to arms. 

Contributor

I would love to love her jeans, but previous jeans I've purchased with the Kim Gravel label were too low in the back.  They were so low in the rear that I had to send them back, which cost me money to return.  I do have a butt (pear shape) so I think her jeans are made for women who have a flatter bottom.  I wish they would say the figure type they work best with.  I can't take a chance again on her jeans. 

Trusted Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

UGH !!! I do not wear boot cut.  Oh well.  For those that love boot cut, they look awesome.

I KNOW-these look wonderful, but I'm a straight leg girl now!  

Valued Contributor

What's the item # please!

Frequent Contributor

All of these posts are dated 2018.

Frequent Contributor

@Sir Cancelot, Thanks for pointing that out! I searched for this TSV several times yesterday, and couldn't find it. Not sure why this thread was bumped a year later.