Honored Contributor

Re: Belle by Kim Gravel TSV May 23rd

@haddon9   I caught her show a few minutes over the weekend -  I believe she was talking about sizing up which I would do for this suit if I felt I was between sizes.

I don't need another new suit, but this one wouldn't work for me.  I believe I'd need more bust support and I haven't worn a brief bottom for maybe 60 years.

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

l have to agree with the observations that the skirt hits at the wrong place on the hips.  It's also too "flowy"  Alot of these skirts will float up around you once you get in the water which is not a good look either.  I'm guessing that this one most likely will as well.  It needed to be a little longer and less flowy for me. I think it makes everyone look wider in the hips.  A look I don't need helping with lol.   

@eadu4   My sentiments exactly.  While I think it looks lovely at first glance, it misses the mark for me.  I get in the water, not just sit by the pool.  That flowy top will just hover under my armpits when in the water. 

A better suit (more money) would have a fitted layer underneath that is close to the body.  That way you're not having your entire midriff exposed. That's the type of tankini I buy and love.

I also agree that the length of the TSV tankini is too long for me.  Looks more like a swim dress, and hits at the wrong place.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvzchiz    I'm guessing it was her way of trying to promote how "great" the suit is - sometimes I think they believe they can "fool" us.    

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@haddon9   I caught her show a few minutes over the weekend -  I believe she was talking about sizing up which I would do for this suit if I felt I was between sizes.

I don't need another new suit, but this one wouldn't work for me.  I believe I'd need more bust support and I haven't worn a brief bottom for maybe 60 years.

@millieshops I haven't gotten a new suit for many years but have lost some weight recently.  I did purchase a pair of board shorts on amazon.  They are so comfortable and soft.  I can wear them in the water (they are made to get wet) but they don't have a built in brief.  This TSV if it works for me does have one and I would wear the brief under the shorts.

I'm just wondering if the bra in the top will work.  I decided to order and if it doesn't fit well back it goes.

Honored Contributor

I just knew the comments about Kerstin and the swimsuit would start.  I have no idea why Leah wanted to wear the suit.  Maybe she was told she had to.  No one knows if it was a matter of Leah not wanting to show the swimsuit or Leah not wanting to show herself in it on tv.  

I think the suit is cute, for lying in beach chair.  However, it's not something I would want to wear to swim in because I think the top would float up and be a nuisance in water.  

It looks like this is a collab between Kim and Swim Suits for All. I have ordered from that company a few times.  The quality was good, CS was good and I had no issues.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@eadu4 wrote:

l have to agree with the observations that the skirt hits at the wrong place on the hips.  It's also too "flowy"  Alot of these skirts will float up around you once you get in the water which is not a good look either.  I'm guessing that this one most likely will as well.  It needed to be a little longer and less flowy for me. I think it makes everyone look wider in the hips.  A look I don't need helping with lol.   

@eadu4   My sentiments exactly.  While I think it looks lovely at first glance, it misses the mark for me.  I get in the water, not just sit by the pool.  That flowy top will just hover under my armpits when in the water. 

A better suit (more money) would have a fitted layer underneath that is close to the body.  That way you're not having your entire midriff exposed. That's the type of tankini I buy and love.

I also agree that the length of the TSV tankini is too long for me.  Looks more like a swim dress, and hits at the wrong place.

I had the same experience with a suit similar the Kims. The loose top floated on top of the water and my midriff was exposed every time I  got in the pool. I donated the suit quickly. It was very uncomfortable.
Respected Contributor

Very cute but too short for me.  I prefer a longer top in a suit.  Need to hide things especially from the back view!!

Esteemed Contributor

This suit has no style. In fact, when I first saw it I thought it looked like a nighty. The top and the bottom (what there is of it) look very poorly made. I would think it would costs closer to $29.99. It always amazes me what is considered a Today's Special Value when many are not that special and there is no value.

Super Contributor

Okay, well..... but if you look at the measurements for the other sizes and compare, it appears way off.  

Super Contributor

I think the suit looks cute. I ordered the black palm.   I mostly just dip in the pool and just like to lounge so I'm not worried about the top floating, I not sure that will be an issue.  It will look cute with shorts too.  I thought all the models looked great -  Kim's  sister was cute and that sold me on the black palm Smiley Happy   I purchased another  of Kim's swimsuit in the Maui and it fit great.  I sized one up from normal QVC size.