Esteemed Contributor

Re: Belle TSV - May 27, 2023

Poncho style, 100% poly for summer (!!) and price for same. Easy pass.

Esteemed Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal Funny you should say that.......I bought my first poncho type top from Chico's (never wore one before) and the same thing happened with me.  I actually love the top, it's not too hot at all for summertime and I find it goes perfectly with my capri's that are more fitted.   I ended purchasing more with matching tanks and find them a perfect outfit for vacations!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm liking that it's a woven fabric. I don't find thinner weight woven polyester hot even though I live in a hot climate.

Poncho style is great for my hot climate. The design isn't going to cling either. I like some of the colors. The price point is good too.

My only issues are that Kim makes very open necklines, with wide neck openings, and I'm not sure how open this will be on me and that Click Here measurements for all vendors never give any hip width information, so it's hard for me to know what size to order. I'm a larger plus size and the necklines are very big, very open, for larger plus sizes throughout QVC.

All in all, I think the top is very pretty, very airy, and has great arm coverage. 

Respected Contributor

Why do people keep saying polyester is hot? Maybe back in the old days it was, but no more. Most of the sports clothing you buy for coolness and wicking are made of 100% polyester. I buy a lot of kids stuff from Nike.  Even the workout gear is at least 50%poly.

Respected Contributor

Not for me. The thing would swallow me up…
Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum For me, 100% IS hot. I have tried. Not only is it hot but there is no stretch. I would have purchased this to wear while we are in Hawaii. I have bought so many cute items that have polyester. I end up bringing them all back to our California home because I won't wear them with the extreme humidity and heat in Kauai. 

I will put a poly top or dress on and in 15 minutes I take it off because I am sweating. I have finally learned, I just can't do all polyester in the humidity and heat. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Why do people keep saying polyester is hot? Maybe back in the old days it was, but no more. Most of the sports clothing you buy for coolness and wicking are made of 100% polyester. I buy a lot of kids stuff from Nike.  Even the workout gear is at least 50%poly.

Because they are in a mindset of years ago. Fabrics have come a long way. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Bhvbum @MG Chris I agree. I don't find most polys hot at all. Poly chiffons, wovens, cotton blends do not feel hot too me and I live in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area. 

Those I do find hot are some poly silky satins, especially in night gowns. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the blue tie dye.  I have Kim's gauze beach poncho and I love it!  I think is so flattering because of the v-neck and the way it's stitched up the sidse that give it shape.  When you wear it it's not just a flowy box, but somehow it really does flatter fit.

100% polyester does not bother me at all.  I have something called air conditioning.  I won't ever be wearing this top while walking the dog or going for my power walk.  I'll wear this going from my air conditioned apartment to my air conditioned car to the air conditioned store, restaurant, or friend's house, etc.  I have other polyester and it never bothers me in summer.

I'd get more than one, but I don't like any of the other prints at all.  Too bad she didn't do a solid navy.

Esteemed Contributor

Easy pass.