Contributor

Beekman amount of goat's milk in products

Has anyone noticed how far down the list of ingredients the goat's milk is?  When I first saw them on QVC I thought it would have a good amount of the milk in each product.  After all milk baths were known down through history to have beneficial affects on skin.  I was really disappointed.  I felt the soap made my skin itchy whereas I was looking forward to smooth and hydrated.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beekman amount of goat's milk in products

[ Edited ]

I have not purchased their products, but you are correct.  Goat's milk is way down the list.  You're better off purchasing from a Goat Farm that sells soap products, etc.  That is my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

Another way to look it is to consider how many preservatives are needed to keep the milk from going rancid.

It is just a standard soap and if you want less chemicals consider Dr Bonners baby soap.  Or some swear by Dove Sensitive.

Honored Contributor

I can't get past the "goat" thing.  I have had contact with goats growing up and no thank you.  I tried goat yogurt.  No thank you on that too. . . I guess I'm just not the goat type. . . Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I can't get past the "goat" thing.  I have had contact with goats growing up and no thank you.  I tried goat yogurt.  No thank you on that too. . . I guess I'm just not the goat type. . . Woman Frustrated

Count me in with you, no goat stuff for me either, I am much more the botanicals type than animals. 

Honored Contributor

I love goat milk soap, it leaves my skin very smooth and hydrated.

I have both Beekmans and some from a company called GoatMilkStuff.

Beekmans bar soaps last forever!

I bought their first TSV when they first appeared on QVC and I'm still using my first bar!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

and then is the matter of surplus kids.....

Trusted Contributor

I lived near their farm for several years and they were a novelty when they started out and did a heck of alot for the small community near them. I think in the beginning yes, their product represented small businesses and was a much better soap (and other items) than it is now.

To me they have over saturated the market even breaking into Ulta. I would not consider them a small business model anymore. I have found several other sites that sell goat milk soap on a much small scale that seem to embrace my ideal of the whole farm concept and knowing who your farmers are.  To me, the  Beekman goats are a sales gimmick.. a cute one though.. 

Respected Contributor

I love goat milk products, but I get mine from Goat Milk Stuff.  Family run and goat milk is #1 ingredient.  I feel so soft after using their product.  Beekman's made me dry & itchy.  I don't care for the fact that Beekman's using other vendors for things like their laundry soap.  I prefer to order directly from Brooke & Nora than pay extra to get it because Beekman put it in a container that has their name on it.  I wonder how many other "neighbors" make their things.

Super Contributor

I believe their wish is to go worldwide and be bought out.